Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - Thread

RibbieRubarb

Who is ready and pyched for the finale to one of the best action/fantasy movies series ever! (notice I said one of the best)

Suntimes: ***

Tribune:***1/2

Who is going tonight to the special screenings? I got my tickets for tomorrow!!

According to early reports there are a lot of twists and turns in this 170min thrill ride. So keep the spoilers to a mininmum. Remember: "Dead men tell no tales..."

Drink up! :drink

Edited by RibbieRubarb

Im debating going tonight, but I think I wanna see 28 weeks later instead..

Too many high school kids there, and with school out it means its gonna be 10x worse than when I saw Spiderman 3 at the midnight showing

QUOTE(Shadows @ May 24, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
Im debating going tonight, but I think I wanna see 28 weeks later instead..

Too many high school kids there, and with school out it means its gonna be 10x worse than when I saw Spiderman 3 at the midnight showing

i know what you are saying. When peter parker went "dark" in the movie, about half of the theatre said "thats sooooo emo" at the same time and complained about it for a while. I was thinking it, and it made me laugh a little bit, but it was kind of annoying too because they wouldnt let it die. A lot of "ssshhhhhs"

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 24, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
i know what you are saying. When peter parker went "dark" in the movie, about half of the theatre said "thats sooooo emo" at the same time and complained about it for a while. I was thinking it, and it made me laugh a little bit, but it was kind of annoying too because they wouldnt let it die. A lot of "ssshhhhhs"

Yeah I hate seeing big movies on opening night because I cant stand when people cheer or clap at EVERYTHING that happens.. I don't wanna hear their comments after everything that happens, it was real annoying

When I got to the theater tonight Pirates was sold out across the board for all 8 showings, so I saw 28 Weeks Later instead

I just got back from it. I'd say it was a pretty good movie. Even though the movie was long, for me it went by at a pretty steady pace. I'm not a huge fan of this series but I was impressed. I won't say any spoilers about it though so I don't ruin the movie.

Saw it last night as well, and I thought it was pretty good with satisfying closure to the series, if it is indeed done (it should be left at 3) I'll leave the spoilers out of the thread for now, though there is plenty to talk about with this final story. For all of those that thought Dead Man's Cheast was confusing, buckle in your seatbelts for this one, because until they start providing answers and reasons near the end, this one is one big giant clusterf**k. Disney movies usually don't have this much depth, but adds to the re-playability of these movies again and again. The movie makes one point abundantly clear, Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack Sparrow is forever among the elite of celebrated movie characters throughout history. The Pirates movies may not stack up to the likes of Lord of the Rings or Star Wars, but the characters in the pirates movies will be forever remembered. Everythign from the acting, to the wardrobes, to the scenes and backdrops is exceptional in this series. Its trying to latch onto the characters and the always revolving story that gets confusing and at times, downright annoying. Nevertheless, At World's End comes through on most all accounts for a nice summer blockbuster. I liked it much better than "Dead Man's", and where it doesnt come close to touching "Black Pearl" (what fantasy trilogy can ever beat the 1st?) this installment is not meant to be compared to the other 2, rather tie everything together ito one. You have to go into this movie expecting to see the 3rd movie, not expecting it will be better than 1. Plenty of great one-liners out of Depp and the overhyped Keith Richards cameo is pretty fun as well. The action scenes in this movie are phenomenal. Often times there will be swrodfighting going on between several different characters, yet you still never lose the storyline (or at least what you think the storyline is). "At World's End" does have some cheesy parts that it could defintely have done without, but nothing overly too serious that will ruin the rest of the movie for you. I've been a Pirates fan since the first movie, but had my doubts about this one becoming too much of a love story between Will and Elizabeth. Happy to report that is not the case...if you are a fan of the series, def by all means check this out, you will get your answers.... even if you are not a fan, this is a very enjoyable popcorn movie to kick off the summer with.

I'd rather "walk the plank" than see this film....I think that this series has jumped "the shark".

The thought of watching Orlando Bland in another movie "shivers me timber" (oh god...have a field day with that one)

Does anyone know if this movie is rated "ARRRRRRRRRRR?"

QUOTE(Shadows @ May 24, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)

I went last night and a whole group about 2 rows in front of us got kicked out for talking loudly, constently getting up and walikg aroud, and talking/texting on their cell phones. One guy actually got up, stomped up behind them and yelled "shut up or I'll throw you out myself!". He got allause. Eventually Loews kicked them out.

Brian and I enjoyed the hell out of that movie. It was worth the $21 and 2-3/4 hrs we spent on it. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can watch it again.

It was also fun parking next to my car's twin in the parking lot (considering my car was special ordered, I did get a big kick out of seeing an exact duplicate of it lol).

When we get home from our tours of the Southside barbeques, I think I am going to pour a glass of wine and throw in the first Pirates movie.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ May 26, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
I went last night and a whole group about 2 rows in front of us got kicked out for talking loudly, constently getting up and walikg aroud, and talking/texting on their cell phones. One guy actually got up, stomped up behind them and yelled "shut up or I'll throw you out myself!". He got allause. Eventually Loews kicked them out.

Yup, just like how spiderman 3 was.. tons of high school kids talking non stop.. i was gettin so mad, especially since I got stuck by the aisle and they kept leaving and coming and moving around to talk to their friends they kept walkin in front of me

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 26, 2007 -> 09:49 AM)
Saw it late last night. Maybe because it was later, and I had worked ALL day, but there was just way too much going on for me to care. Just sub plot after sub plot after sub plot, and it was just a little too much for a going summer action movie. Maybe I should give it another chance when I am well rested, but maybe not...

I saw it last night...and my thought is similar to yours. Of course I also fell asleep for about 30 minutes of the movie because it was so f'in boring (way worse than the first two, which I really enjoyed). But again, I was freaking exhausted going into it and the movie ended at like 2 AM. Thank god I didn't pay to see this thing.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 28, 2007 -> 01:14 PM)
I saw it last night...and my thought is similar to yours. Of course I also fell asleep for about 30 minutes of the movie because it was so f'in boring (way worse than the first two, which I really enjoyed). But again, I was freaking exhausted going into it and the movie ended at like 2 AM. Thank god I didn't pay to see this thing.

Agreed, I was in the same boat. I never actually saw the 2nd one but I know what happened in it. I didn't fall asleep but I was wide awake before the movie and ready to cash out about 30 minutes into it. I was pretty bored. I would have been better off seeing a Bollywood movie I think :lol: