June Schedule

striker

QUOTE(greppson24ottondo @ May 25, 2007 -> 04:34 AM)
without looking at any statistics from a year ago, it seemed like we played down to our competition. i don't always know that playing weaker teams plays to the advantage of the sox

Some rough, fly by the seat of my pants math seems to indicate we were 38-25 last year against sub-.500 teams, a .603 winning percentage

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 25, 2007 -> 01:28 AM)
yeah, I think rmejco brought up that we play 50 STRAIGHT games under sub .500 teams. I never thought that was possible. That rocks

I think one of those teams could be over .500 by the time we face them.

You can't complain about the Sox not controlling their own destiny, though. By the end of those 50 games, we'll see precisely what kind of team we're dealing with. Couldn't ask for a better way to get a feel for a team I feel is kind of struggling for an identity.

QUOTE(greppson24ottondo @ May 25, 2007 -> 10:34 AM)
without looking at any statistics from a year ago, it seemed like we played down to our competition. i don't always know that playing weaker teams plays to the advantage of the sox

It just seems that way because the royals plays us tough

QUOTE(BMac Attack @ May 25, 2007 -> 09:11 AM)
You can't complain about the Sox not controlling their own destiny, though. By the end of those 50 games, we'll see precisely what kind of team we're dealing with. Couldn't ask for a better way to get a feel for a team I feel is kind of struggling for an identity.

I agree. If we are not in first our damn close to it when this stretch is over we could be in serious trouble.