White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/25/07 (W)

briguy27

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 25, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
He caught it in great position, but a decent slide would have helped.

also helluva throw. with thome's wheels i half expected it

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 25, 2007 -> 08:39 PM)
Buehrle really made some nice pitches those last two batters. Something that's interesting is how much we shade Delmon Young up the middle (2nd base), even though he seems to do a lot of damage to the right side.
They might be afraid of his flying bats.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 26, 2007 -> 01:34 AM)
He caught it in great position, but a decent slide would have helped.

We just don't have a lot of agile guys. Thome's slide I can understand.....I'll never understand the pathetic effort that Ozuna had on that one slide though.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 25, 2007 -> 08:39 PM)
Buehrle really made some nice pitches those last two batters. Something that's interesting is how much we shade Delmon Young up the middle (2nd base), even though he seems to do a lot of damage to the right side.

He's definitely a spray hitter to the outfield.

I guess karma says the score should be right about where it is...great defense from both teams, lots of missed opportunities with RISP, the D-Rays have given up two runners at 3B with less than 2 outs.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 25, 2007 -> 08:45 PM)
Apparently, according to Hawk, Erstad has had the greatest two months in baseball history.
He actually has for all former 1B and CF Gold Gloves who were injured in 2006 that are now playing on the Sox in CF.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 25, 2007 -> 08:43 PM)
No reason to reliate to that yet.

Gives us every reason to pop Dukes.

Luger never threatened to kill his wife did he? I know Steve Austin did.

Actually, the gossip has always been that Lex Luger killed Ms. Elizabeth, his wife, and that was the police assumption at first but they couldn't prove prove it.

It's because of that that the WWE can't bring in Sting, ever, because he insists on them signing Luger, too, and they won't do it because they too believe he killed Ms. Elizabeth plus he has drug problems

QUOTE(3E8 @ May 25, 2007 -> 08:49 PM)
That was poor baserunning right there.

But 8 times out of 10, you put pressure on the defense and they won't make the play to beat you.

Granted, with Thome coming up, it wasn't the wisest move, but there's always a very good chance the catcher doesn't field the ball cleanly or, in this case, double-clutches.

CLE leading 6-4 and threatening to make it 7-4 in the top of the 9th at Comerica.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 25, 2007 -> 08:52 PM)
That sentence cracks me up. Makes me think of Iraq as a person.

Are you sure it wasn't the fact I replaced the word "its" with the word "to"? :P

Yay, Mac warming. Though I wanted to see him start the 8th.