White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/27/07 (L)

briguy27

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 27, 2007 -> 03:03 PM)
I wonder just how long Vazquez's leash will be. Needless to say, it will likely be too long.

Our starting pitchers have the longest leash in the majors. Yet we think we need 12 pitchers.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 27, 2007 -> 03:02 PM)
Well most pitchers are taught, that when you have someone who shows you bunt way ahead of time, you throw it up and in. If they do get ahold of it, it goes straight up in the air.

Seriously now, 2 years in a row with this not being able to bunt s***. I'm sure our pal Walk is on the case though.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:04 PM)
Our starting pitchers have the longest leash in the majors. Yet we think we need 12 pitchers.

Sisco has no place being on this roster. Unfortunately, the guy we should have on the roster instead is now doing BBTN.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 27, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)
Seriously now, 2 years in a row with this not being able to bunt s***. I'm sure our pal Walk is on the case though.

I dont even know if that is walkers territory thought. I thought Cora or someone else was the bunting instructor. Bunting isnt that hard, Square around, when the ball hits the bat deaden it. If the guy is dumb and throws a breaking pitch, you can aim it then.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:06 PM)
I dont even know if that is walkers territory thought. I thought Cora or someone else was the bunting instructor. Bunting isnt that hard, Square around, when the ball hits the bat deaden it. If the guy is dumb and throws a breaking pitch, you can aim it then.

That should be Cora's territory

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 27, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)

I'm not sure myself, I just assumed Walker.

Either way it's unacceptable that this continues to happen.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 27, 2007 -> 03:08 PM)

With all of the right handers I have no clue why we are so bad against lefties. That is what perplexes me.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:08 PM)

How about we just stopping bunting unless it's in the 8th inning or later? That was a situation where bunting wasn't a good idea due to who was on 2nd base.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:09 PM)
?

Eduardo Perez

If it's true that the Sox are going after Ichiro in the offseason, I can't see them making any sort of trade for a viable LF this season. KW wouldn't want to give up the young pitching he's acquired recently for a guy that he intends to replace with Ichiro. We'll probably have to deal with having an even worse LF platoon than we've had before, which is hard to believe can even exist.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 27, 2007 -> 03:11 PM)
Crawford would look good on this team. Then next year we replace Dye with Ichiro. Wow.

Ichiro is way past his prime, wouldn't want to pay a ton for him.