MMA Thread

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 10:29 PM)
I'm sure I'll be bashed if we have any MMA elitists here, but no one will ever beat Kimbo Slice now that he has the slightest bit of training. There is no beating 250 pounds of pure awesome. Period.

I don't think anyone outside of those people who have only seen CBS' MMA shows would agree with you.

Kimbo is only the 3rd best heavyweight ON THE CARD.

Edited by CrimsonWeltall

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 04:29 PM)
I'm sure I'll be bashed if we have any MMA elitists here, but no one will ever beat Kimbo Slice now that he has the slightest bit of training. There is no beating 250 pounds of pure awesome. Period.

KISS.OF.DEATH.

The Petruzelli fight was a harder fight that Shamrock would have been, but that's what happens when your Org is bleeding money and has only two main draws. There's no way CBS and Elite could have pulled Kimbo from the card, they had to cross their fingers and hope it worked out, and for them, it didn't.

That's what Kimbo is though, he isn't anywhere near an elite level fighter.

I guess David can beat King Kong about once every century. Man, what an upset. This is on par with the Miracle On Ice, seeing how Kimbo is the man and everything. It sucks that's he'll always have a blemish on his resume, but hey, it won't look so bad after he's about 50-1 while racking up every title in his sight.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 12:49 PM)
I guess David can beat King Kong about once every century. Man, what an upset. This is on par with the Miracle On Ice, seeing how Kimbo is the man and everything. It sucks that's he'll always have a blemish on his resume, but hey, it won't look so bad after he's about 50-1 while racking up every title in his sight.

This post didn't need the green text - my eyes turned green reading it!

:lolhitting

• 2 weeks later...

UFC 90 tonight at the Allstate. Prediction time.

Silva by TKO in the 2nd. I expect it to be similar to the Silva's fights against Franklin.

Kos/Alves I see a tossup, all depends on who can work their gameplan.

Dos Santos by decision.

Griffin by decision.

Maynard by decision.

curousity killed the cat so I watched it on a free online stream.

Kos/Alves was the best fight.

Maynard is boring as f***.

Cote was outclassed. Goldberg did his best to hype it up but it was obvious. Silva was just toying with him.

JDS was a nice surprise over Werdum.

Overall it was a fail. Main event was s*** and ended the worse way possible. I was disappointed in the crowd booing all night.

Please just fast forward to UFC 91 now.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 03:34 PM)
that card sucked going in so they should have known what to expect.

It didn't suck going in. It had a lack of marquee names, but you had two of their top 10 LWs in Sherk and Griffin (which IMO was the fight of the night), two arguably top 5 welterweights in Kos and Alves, arguably one of the top P4P fighters defending his belt and the guy the UFC had as their #1 HW contender before they went to the 4 man mini-tournament. Not to mention the undercard had a lot of intriguing matchups, ie Horwich making his debut against Miller (which was an awesome ground fight), the feud between Franca and Aureillious (sp?).

Like I said, it didn't have a ton of big names, but it had a lot of great matchmaking, not every card can have Kimbo on it

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 08:28 AM)
It didn't suck going in. It had a lack of marquee names, but you had two of their top 10 LWs in Sherk and Griffin (which IMO was the fight of the night), two arguably top 5 welterweights in Kos and Alves, arguably one of the top P4P fighters defending his belt and the guy the UFC had as their #1 HW contender before they went to the 4 man mini-tournament. Not to mention the undercard had a lot of intriguing matchups, ie Horwich making his debut against Miller (which was an awesome ground fight), the feud between Franca and Aureillious (sp?).

Like I said, it didn't have a ton of big names, but it had a lot of great matchmaking, not every card can have Kimbo on it

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

So Urijah Faber loses the title this past Wednesday night. Shame, with a win you'd really have to put him in the best p4p discussion. Filho puts on a weird/disappointing/awful performance. Time to get this guy some help or something...it's obvious something was wrong with this guy.