MMA Thread

Lesnar is such a piece of s***. From the South Dakota area, initially went to Bismarck State College to wrestle, and then went to U of Minn. He's apparently "pretty f***ing great" (I have heard stories. And I have heard folk tales. And I have heard fables. I will repeat them if you wish, but I feel they're meaningless).

He was in town for God knows what in like August or sometime around then, and stayed at the Ramkota in Bismarck (where I am currently employed). He ate dinner with his family and extended "family." My friend wanted a signature, because 'who doesn't want a signature from the GREAT BROCK LESNAR?' I asked the server if I could take a photo. He would only give a signature. Imagine that. The guy who cooked his food wants nothing more than a photo with a guy who wrestled at a college and received treatment for a staph infection. Sorry, considering he came during the time that parts of Bismarck were underwater, I figure he'd show atleast some sort of civic pride. Of course, as he has done with everything, he'd probably have stopped the flood, by himself, only halfway, and then decided it was time to kick a tornado's ass in Kansas. And then he'd go on to Sumo wrestling, and hopefully have a fat guy sit on him.

He is not a humble person. He should be, considering that he really could be dead right now.

I wish Mir had won the second match.

Seeing tonight't final speech....I came just a little bit in my panths.

So you were mad that a guy out eating with his family and close friends didn't want to take a picture for you but still offered to give you a signature? I don't think Brock is a good person or anything but that is ridiculous, I'd be bothered if I'm out with my family and people were asking for photos too, it isn't the place for it.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
So you were mad that a guy out eating with his family and close friends didn't want to take a picture for you but still offered to give you a signature? I don't think Brock is a good person or anything but that is ridiculous, I'd be bothered if I'm out with my family and people were asking for photos too, it isn't the place for it.

Totally agree. Lesnar is trying to eat with his family, let the guy be.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 10:34 AM)

Agreed.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 18, 2012 -> 11:31 AM)
Bisping will take the place for Munoz to fight Sonnen and the chance to get his ass kicked against Anderson Silva ( the best fighter ever in the UFC).

Bones Jones says hi.

Silva is great. I think Jones is a game changer

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 18, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
Jones is the 2nd best fighter. His skills are so damn amazing. Maybe one day we will see a Silva vs Jones fight

one of the two is either going to have to drop down or move up for that to happen

one of the two is either going to have to drop down or move up for that to happen

Silva has said he wants to fight Pierre and Jones before he retires within the next few years.

Silva has moved up to 205 several times to fight someone

Edited by SOXOBAMA

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 06:08 PM)
Overeem pissed hot, crazy high testosterone levels, JDS fight up in the air and Dana is irate.

i feel bad for brock. not that i think he could of beat overeem even without him juicing, but its gotta suck to get put into retirement by a cheater.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 06:22 PM)
i feel bad for brock. not that i think he could of beat overeem even without him juicing, but its gotta suck to get put into retirement by a cheater.

I think his illness put him into retirement.

Overeem-Timeline.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Jones looks unbeatable... Whos next for Jones?? Is Anderson Silva still messin around in LHW?? I know he was havin bouts in both divisions at one point so if he's still in there this fight has to happen before Spiders gone. That could very well be the most entertaining fight in MMA history if it were to happen.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
Jones needs to go to heavyweight. Outside of a Silva fight, the only fight I'd be interested in seeing involving Jones at 205 is vs Henderson.

Jones is too long for the 205ers.

i agree. it was like a Ben Henderson vs Frankie size disparity there but even worse.

• 5 months later...
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 12:26 PM)
Chael Sonnen vs Bones Jones in April. Both are also the coaches for the next season of The Ultimate Fighter.

Chael getting a lot of s*** on twitter from other fighters for being an unworthy opponent.

He's definitely undeserving.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)
He's very unworthy.

He is the only one that stepped up and said "I will do it" when Hendo bowed out 8 days prior to the fight due to injury. Chael may be a lot of things, but he has to get a little credit for that. And for Lyoto to criticize after he turned down the fight is pretty low.

Who cares if he isn't worthy? If he isn't, Bones wipes the floor with him and its over.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)
He's definitely undeserving.

There really is nobody in the Middleweight/Lightheavy that would make an interesting fight anymore for Silva/Jones. The only fight left is them vs one another and both refuse to do it. I'd rather see Sonnen than Henderson fight Jones anyways. Really there is nobody left interesting to fight GSP either, 3 weight classes and the champion of each is just so far ahead of anyone else makes a sport less interesting.