MMA Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 02:48 PM)
I watched last night, you would of thought that Roy Nelson blew up Kimbo with one shot with the way he acted after the fight. Dana was not impressed, though he seemed to be a little excited over Kimbo

It's funny how quickly Dana has become a Kimbo fan. I know Kimbo brings ratings, and I also was impressed with his attitude and how he looked standing, but it's hard to be that thrilled about a guy who gives up the mount easier than a two-dollar whore and who allows himself to be crucifixed in two straight rounds.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)
absolutely... HUGE fight for both of those guys.

Yep. I think Rashad is a little about upset about what Thiago did to his boy Jardine. If Thiago can beat Rashad that will be a huge feather in his cap. I still want to see Thiago Silva against Luiz Cane though. Those guys hate each other and have been wanting to fight for a long time, so matter what happens with Thiago-Rashad, I want to see that fight.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 03:22 PM)
It's funny how quickly Dana has become a Kimbo fan. I know Kimbo brings ratings, and I also was impressed with his attitude and how he looked standing, but it's hard to be that thrilled about a guy who gives up the mount easier than a two-dollar whore and who allows himself to be crucifixed in two straight rounds.

Yeah I understand that. Dana sees the cash cow, and he wants to maximize

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 06:02 PM)
Exactly. A fatter version of Tank Abbott isn't too appealing to fans.

I think he could be. Nelson really needs to work on his wrestling though. Think about this:

1. Roy gets the takedown

2. Roy rubs his sweaty belly all over his opponent, then jiggles it until his nipples end up in his opponent's mouth

3. As Roy's opponent wildly flails his limbs looking for some kind of help, Roy grabs an arm and gets the sub

4. Roy celebrates by doing the Kamala belly smack thing, then during the post-fight interview he talks about all his sponsors (Hormel chili, Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, BallPark Franks, etc.) and how hungry they make him

Seriously, people would love that.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 10:41 AM)
I think he could be. Nelson really needs to work on his wrestling though. Think about this:

1. Roy gets the takedown

2. Roy rubs his sweaty belly all over his opponent, then jiggles it until his nipples end up in his opponent's mouth

3. As Roy's opponent wildly flails his limbs looking for some kind of help, Roy grabs an arm and gets the sub

4. Roy celebrates by doing the Kamala belly smack thing, then during the post-fight interview he talks about all his sponsors (Hormel chili, Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, BallPark Franks, etc.) and how hungry they make him

Seriously, people would love that.

It wouldnt be so funny if it didnt really happen like that, but you nailed the entire Kimbo fight with this scenario. The only difference is that he doesnt have sponsors, but he still talked about how hungry he was and that he wanted food after the fight

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 10:47 AM)
It wouldnt be so funny if it didnt really happen like that, but you nailed the entire Kimbo fight with this scenario. The only difference is that he doesnt have sponsors, but he still talked about how hungry he was and that he wanted food after the fight

Yeah, didn't he ask for a Whopper or something? LOL. I loved that part - not the fight, but him looking down at his boss and demanding a cheeseburger.

Roy kind of comes off like a dick though. He needs to not act like a dick and instead become a lovable fat guy who just wants to rub bellies with people.

Oh, another idea: when they show promo videos of Nelson mistboxing, they should have him like hold a burger in each hand, and as his hands come back to his body he can take a bite. So he'd be like mistboxing with burgers. That would be awesome.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 11:02 AM)
Yeah, didn't he ask for a Whopper or something? LOL. I loved that part - not the fight, but him looking down at his boss and demanding a cheeseburger.

Roy kind of comes off like a dick though. He needs to not act like a dick and instead become a lovable fat guy who just wants to rub bellies with people.

Oh, another idea: when they show promo videos of Nelson mistboxing, they should have him like hold a burger in each hand, and as his hands come back to his body he can take a bite. So he'd be like mistboxing with burgers. That would be awesome.

He should just come out in the King Hippo attire and go with that

Urijah Faber reinked with the WEC. It will be interesting if we hear any backstory with him resigning this quickly. He has been very vocal about his pay and lack of exposure of the WEC, with Vs. off Direct TV they must have told him they're expanding or going to stick a fight or two on a UFC card

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
His ground game still sucks. It's obvious whoever trained him before didn't even bother with it. In practice, you can see he's learning, but he's still got a ways to go. At his age, not sure if he'll get a whole lot better.

it was Bas Rutten, and while he was training with him Bas said positive stuff, but after Bas basically said he didn't work very hard

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)
Yep. I think Rashad is a little about upset about what Thiago did to his boy Jardine. If Thiago can beat Rashad that will be a huge feather in his cap. I still want to see Thiago Silva against Luiz Cane though. Those guys hate each other and have been wanting to fight for a long time, so matter what happens with Thiago-Rashad, I want to see that fight.

I read somewhere that Rashad said Thiago looked at him after beating Jardine with a "you can get it next" look. Regardless, it's gonna be a good fight.

That's a big money fight for those guys, and it makes sense too. Rematch of a (somewhat) controversial fight, each guy coming back after losses to top-4 P4P fighters, great fight.

I wonder what Tito's going to be like with his back all healed now. Forrest is a much better fighter now and IMO the current Forrest would beat the Tito he fought the first time pretty easily, but a healthy Tito vs. the current Forrest is very interesting match-up. I think I'll take Forrest via decision.

Definite FOTY candidate, which is no surprise because the WEC always provides at least one FOTY candidate per show. Hands down, it's the best promotion in the world. I'm really excited for 2010 because they're going to run like 10+ shows I believe.

I'm happy Henderson won. I picked him to beat Cerrone, but I didn't think it was going to be that close. Cerrone showed more in that fight than he did vs. Varner IMO. I wasn't a big Cowboy fan going into last night but I am now.

the Bader/Schafer and Hardonk/Barry fight on the 104 undercard will be shown on Spike... I like this trend and hope it's a regular thing for the UFC. Obviously Zuffa is still scared to death to put Okami on a live show, he's still on the unaired undercard

Edited by SoxFan562004

Hendo is talking with Strikeforce about a contract because his side and the UFC are pretty far apart still. I hope Hendo doesn't go to Strikeforce. There's not much for him there.

Also, Condit vs. Daley has been made which should be an awesome fight. I doubt Condit is going to mess around with Daley on the feet now that he's training with Greg Jackson. The AZ Combat Sports Condit might have tried that, but Jackson should have him being smarter.