MMA Thread

Sucks about Rothwell and a shame for Elvis.

BTW, I know that there are only a handful of people that post in this thread, but doesn't anyone else think that our MMA thread belongs in the stickied topics section? Are we not good enough or something? I wonder if a petition signed by about 4 people would make any noise? Who's with me on this?

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 12:43 AM)

BTW, I know that there are only a handful of people that post in this thread, but doesn't anyone else think that our MMA thread belongs in the stickied topics section? Are we not good enough or something? I wonder if a petition signed by about 4 people would make any noise? Who's with me on this?

I'm ok with it here and our "rogue" status. If we get stickied I fear it will prompt more non-mma fans to come in here and needlessly post such things as "Boxing derp da derp" or "human cockfighting blah blah blah" and then waste space by saying how they don't watch it.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 08:35 AM)
You would think UFC should be sticked over the WWF and TNA thread lol but people post often enough to keep this thread up towards the top anyways.

LOL no. That thread was one of the top threads last year.

I was just talking the other day about how pro-wrestling should actually be an olympic sport. I mean seriously, if all this other s*** can be olympic sports, then why not pro-wrestling? They're talented athletes (some of the time) still competing against each other, albeit in a roundabout way. If pro-wrestlers can put on individual performances that are meant to be judged objectively by promoters and fans, then why not just replace the promoters and fans with real olympic judges? Do it like a triathlon. Have a mic work part, then an acting part, then a part where they perform moves on each other to see who can make the smoothest-looking moves without hurting each other, and then in the end they can do tricks off the top rope and stuff, and take chairshots and swear at each other. I'd actually watch that, and besides, all that really matters in the end is how many chicken mcnuggets McDonalds can sell.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
Love the AV and love that video. Agree, epic beard man is epic. And that other guy looked like an oversized Beetlejuice from the Stern show.

The video at the beginning is sketchy, so I cant really tell who started it all. I can tell that guy thought he could rough up Epic Beard man and wouldnt get any pushback, and he was WAY wrong, because EBM f***ed him up.

EBM doesnt do himself any favors afterwards either, when he just goes off the deep end

It's hard to tell about the origin of the fight, but ERBC (evil racist black chick) started being evil and racist, and apparently knew IKYANT (I'll kick your ass next time), so I imagine EBM was defending himself against yet another person with a broken racism detector. But EBM is definitely bat s*** crazy, so even if EBM does have some blame in this, his crazy power pretty much absolves him of any responsibility. And regardless, IKYANT is the one who got in EBM's face, and we all know what happens when you f*** with EBM.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 12:21 PM)
It's hard to tell about the origin of the fight, but ERBC (evil racist black chick) started being evil and racist, and apparently knew IKYANT (I'll kick your ass next time), so I imagine EBM was defending himself against yet another person with a broken racism detector. But EBM is definitely bat s*** crazy, so even if EBM does have some blame in this, his crazy power pretty much absolves him of any responsibility. And regardless, IKYANT is the one who got in EBM's face, and we all know what happens when you f*** with EBM.

honestly, IKYANT was about 8 inches shorter and gave up about 80-100 lbs to EBM. WTF was he thinking. Old or not, EBM has a crazy look and manner to him, you just dont push a guy like that.

EBM even removed himself from the situation at first and went to the front of the bus, IKYANT thought he could just keep talking s***

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 12:27 PM)
honestly, IKYANT was about 8 inches shorter and gave up about 80-100 lbs to EBM. WTF was he thinking. Old or not, EBM has a crazy look and manner to him, you just dont push a guy like that.

EBM even removed himself from the situation at first and went to the front of the bus, IKYANT thought he could just keep talking s***

Yeah, EBM is the kind of dude that you'll see walking down the street and then for no reason he'll just walk over to some trash cans and start rummaging through them. Don't f*** with people like that. And the size advantage, you're totally right. EBM would have been -1000 at least on Bodog, maybe even -1100 on BetUS had they hyped that fight beforehand and put it on a major card.

EBM knows full well that discretion is the better part of valor, and it's just one of the things that makes EBM so E. The other thing is that, by the beard, you can tell this guy has spent more than his share of time on a boat. Maybe he was in the Navy, maybe he did some of that crab fishing in Alaska like on TV back in his childhood (before Alaska was cold), or maybe he was even a pirate, or some sort of captain. But we can gather that there's a very good chance EBM spent lots of time living on a boat, and that's some bad f***in' news for some land-lubber like IKYANT who only knows how to fight on stupid public transit. EBM probably did his training on the 7 seas fighting off mutinies, so you know those legs are going to be good even on s***ty roads, and those hips are going to swivel and he's going to be able to land some serious f***in' power punches. Meanwhile IKYANT is just a noob in bus fights. ERBC needs to find a new man if she ever hopes to settle the score with EBM.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 12:42 PM)
Yeah, EBM is the kind of dude that you'll see walking down the street and then for no reason he'll just walk over to some trash cans and start rummaging through them. Don't f*** with people like that. And the size advantage, you're totally right. EBM would have been -1000 at least on Bodog, maybe even -1100 on BetUS had they hyped that fight beforehand and put it on a major card.

EBM knows full well that discretion is the better part of valor, and it's just one of the things that makes EBM so E. The other thing is that, by the beard, you can tell this guy has spent more than his share of time on a boat. Maybe he was in the Navy, maybe he did some of that crab fishing in Alaska like on TV back in his childhood (before Alaska was cold), or maybe he was even a pirate, or some sort of captain. But we can gather that there's a very good chance EBM spent lots of time living on a boat, and that's some bad f***in' news for some land-lubber like IKYANT who only knows how to fight on stupid public transit. EBM probably did his training on the 7 seas fighting off mutinies, so you know those legs are going to be good even on s***ty roads, and those hips are going to swivel and he's going to be able to land some serious f***in' power punches. Meanwhile IKYANT is just a noob in bus fights. ERBC needs to find a new man if she ever hopes to settle the score with EBM.

LOL, you are now EKHP

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 12:43 AM)

I agree with this. I always look for it at the top and then have to find it down here.

I may not post a lot here, but I read it quite a bit.

QUOTE (JoeBatterz @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
I agree with this. I always look for it at the top and then have to find it down here.

I may not post a lot here, but I read it quite a bit.

You should. Besides, sometimes this thing dies for a while and it needs to stay afloat. Even if you don't want to post about MMA specifically, just post about something else and relate it to MMA. Like, "I saw a dead deer on the side of the road today. It's head was splattered all over the place, and that kind of made me think about what Bisping is going to look like after Wand gets through with him tomorrow."

I could literally spend hours talking about EBM. If I could get a degree in Epic Beard Manology I would. The EBM speaks video is f***ing great for anyone who hasn't seen it. EBM is interviewed and talks about how IKYANT was a murderer and a theif and a rapist and a bunch of other things too, and EBM humbly explains how he doesn't deserve all the attention, he was just doing the right thing by taking a murderer off the streets. EBM goes on about other things too, such as his ability to throw combos like Ali and how IKYANT was knocked out for 22 1/2 minutes. There's a brief period where EBM shows how sweet of a man he is at heart, as he nearly breaks down talking about how his mother died just a couple days before the bus fight. But EBM, with heart torn to shreds, managed to gather himself and beat the f*** out of IKYANT for all of our betterment. EBM is a f***ing hero, no s***.

BTW Kyyle, are you into the Dan Quinn videos too? I used to subscribe to his Youtube channel and, if you know which ones to look for, some are truly classic. There's one where he's yelling at his mom in the car. Please tell me you've seen this, and if not, I'll find the link.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)
I could literally spend hours talking about EBM. If I could get a degree in Epic Beard Manology I would. The EBM speaks video is f***ing great for anyone who hasn't seen it. EBM is interviewed and talks about how IKYANT was a murderer and a theif and a rapist and a bunch of other things too, and EBM humbly explains how he doesn't deserve all the attention, he was just doing the right thing by taking a murderer off the streets. EBM goes on about other things too, such as his ability to throw combos like Ali and how IKYANT was knocked out for 22 1/2 minutes. There's a brief period where EBM shows how sweet of a man he is at heart, as he nearly breaks down talking about how his mother died just a couple days before the bus fight. But EBM, with heart torn to shreds, managed to gather himself and beat the f*** out of IKYANT for all of our betterment. EBM is a f***ing hero, no s***.

BTW Kyyle, are you into the Dan Quinn videos too? I used to subscribe to his Youtube channel and, if you know which ones to look for, some are truly classic. There's one where he's yelling at his mom in the car. Please tell me you've seen this, and if not, I'll find the link.

I actually saw EBM on deadspin.com and followed the link, but if Dan Quinn posts stuff like that all the time I will have to take a look