MVP Baseball 2005

BearSox

I used to have this game for the ps2 and it was positively awesome, and one of the top 10 video games ever, IMO. Unfortunately I don't have it anymore, but I am looking for MVP 2005 for the PC so I can easily update the rosters/schedules/etc, so it will be like MVP 2007.

The problem is, I can only find them at ridiculous prices like 50-60 bucks, and at about 30-40 on eBay. Does anyone know where I can find a pretty reasonably priced version of the game? If anyone here has it and willing to sell it, please pm me.

Also, if anyone has played the PC version compared to the PS2/xbox version, are they both pretty much the same?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 27, 2007 -> 09:19 AM)
wish I could help. No clue.

I too love MVP 2005.

I hope that's what you meant. No sports game is in the top ten of videogames ever made. ;)

Well for me, I love Baseball and sports games, and MVP 2005 was probably the game I played most, and was addictive like heroine to me. I went into withdrawl if I didn't play it for a certain amount of time...

Anyone know when 2k's lease expires for the rights to baseball video games?

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
My friend just bought the PS2 version for $5 at gamestop. If you buy something called a maxdrive, you can download rosters for it online (the rosters are really good too).

^^^^^ I have the XBox version, and was able to get the rosters online for it.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
My friend just bought the PS2 version for $5 at gamestop. If you buy something called a maxdrive, you can download rosters for it online (the rosters are really good too).

How would that work? Would I save the new patch for MVP 2007, and then plug it into the ps2?

I was in the same quandry not too long ago. The game is ridiculously overpriced bc for PC people have gone mod-crazy on it.

Just go here to s*** yourself.

www.mvpmods.com

I ended up downloading the game through questionable sources for free online (though purchasing is recommended)... and now have a game (upgraded to MVP06, which some crazy modders made) and it has everyone's face, updateed stadiums throughout (and the cell is identical to the real life cell (all of the stadiums are gorgeous.)

11_cell.jpg

^^ look at how it actually has the retired persons on the outfield wall, and the colors are accurate (blue be gone!) also, fundamentals is included in left field.

It really adds a level of realism to the game to go "MVP mod" crazy, downloading all updated rosters, all the minor leagues (incredibly accurate btw), as well as updating all the stadiums to have real advertising (like ComEd, Budweiser, etc).

I highly recommend this all.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 28, 2007 -> 12:06 PM)
How would that work? Would I save the new patch for MVP 2007, and then plug it into the ps2?

You save the roster to a CD, put the CD in your PS2 and transfer it to your memory card. For the PS2 version you can get the rosters (which are really accurate), but not all the stadiums, uniforms, etc. If I were you I would put all the rosters on a separate memory card, because my friend downloaded rosters for MLB 07 the show from some site and his memory card got corrupted. It probably wouldn't happen on MVPmods though.

All this talk made me put the game in my PS2 for the first time in years. I don't remember it taking so long to load during the game.

I drafted a killer team by todays standards. It is amazing how low guys like Sizemore, Swisher, and Jose Reyes are ranked.

So if I wanted to download new rosters to MLB 05 from some site, how would that work? I have no idea.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(Brian @ May 29, 2007 -> 06:58 PM)
All this talk made me put the game in my PS2 for the first time in years. I don't remember it taking so long to load during the game.

I drafted a killer team by todays standards. It is amazing how low guys like Sizemore, Swisher, and Jose Reyes are ranked.

So if I wanted to download new rosters to MLB 05 from some site, how would that work? I have no idea.

Buy a maxdrive from bestbuy for about $30.