Ozuna fractures fibula, tears ankle ligament

Heads22

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 27, 2007 -> 02:26 PM)
When did this happen and what happened? A shoulder and leg injury, wow.

1st at-bat of today's game...this would have only happened to Ozuna...as much as I love him.

He hit a gapper and turned it into a double, even though it was cut off since the CF was out of position for a good throw. He rounded 1st awkwardly maybe indecisive of whether to go or not. He made it in to 2nd no problem but to avoid a tag, slid around and bent his ankle back something fierce. I'm not sure about the deltoid, I thought it was a ligament around the fibula that he tore, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Maverick0984

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ May 27, 2007 -> 02:30 PM)
1st at-bat of today's game...this would have only happened to Ozuna...as much as I love him.

He hit a gapper and turned it into a double, even though it was cut off since the CF was out of position for a good throw. He rounded 1st awkwardly maybe indecisive of whether to go or not. He made it in to 2nd no problem but to avoid a tag, slid around and bent his ankle back something fierce. I'm not sure about the deltoid, I thought it was a ligament around the fibula that he tore, but I could be wrong.

Thanks, just heard the update.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 27, 2007 -> 02:41 PM)
No time for replacements from our minor leagues....we need a starting LF. We've waited long enough to see if Pods would heal soon....but we know how fast Barbaro heals.

Even if he did heal quick, they cannot count on him. Which, I know you know, but I'm just sayin.

QUOTE(Nokona @ May 27, 2007 -> 01:59 PM)
I fear this could be the beginning of the end for Pablo...

I agree if the sox make a move to get some speed at the and this injury spells pablo for 2 months or more hes done here.

Pablo was one of the better players the Sox had. The guy could fly, was a quality hitter and could play at many positions. He always gave everything he had, and got hurt giving it that extra effort trying to help the Sox win. He will truly be missed.

Even before today, the Sox were playing one quality player short all season. KW better get busy gettting a major league talent in here quick.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ May 27, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)
Pablo was one of the better players the Sox had. The guy could fly, was a quality hitter and could play at many positions. He always gave everything he had, and got hurt giving it that extra effort trying to help the Sox win. He will truly be missed.

Even before today, the Sox were playing one quality player short all season. KW better get busy gettting a major league talent in here quick.

Ozuna was a solid utility player. We'll miss his hustle and versatility. However, he's someone that can be replaced if KW is smart and Ozzie doesn't get his way.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 27, 2007 -> 04:14 PM)
Ozuna was a solid utility player. We'll miss his hustle and versatility. However, he's someone that can be replaced if KW is smart and Ozzie doesn't get his way.

Let's just see what they replace him with. I don't think it's possible to acquire a "utility guy" as good as Pablo (maybe Chone Figgins) and since we've been playing without a major league LF all season I suggest Kenny get one in here real quick. Either that, or a top flight SS/2B who can become the starting 2B.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ May 27, 2007 -> 09:21 PM)
Let's just see what they replace him with. I don't think it's possible to acquire a "bench guy" as good as Pablo (maybe Chone Figgins) and since we've been playing without a major league LF all season I suggest Kenny get one in here real quick. Either that, or a top flight SS/2B who can become the starting 2B.

Have you seen Chone's numbers this year? He might be the most overrated player in baseball. Anyways, I agree with you....KW has to acquire a LF.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 27, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)
Have you seen Chone's numbers this year? He might be the most overrated player in baseball. Anyways, I agree with you....KW has to acquire a LF.

What? .131/.198/.214/.412 and a 13 OPS+ ain't good enough for ya? His .336 OBP from last season is quite sexy though.