Ozuna fractures fibula, tears ankle ligament

Heads22

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 27, 2007 -> 05:41 PM)
I disagree. But if not Sweeney and if KW doesn't make a trade, who do you say we call up? Gonzalez?

Sweeney can't hit an inside pitch to save his life. He keeps just trying to dump it into left field instead of pulling it with authority. Give him some time.

Fields should be promoted and stuck in left. It's not like he'd be a downgrade defensively right about now.

Fields has made strides in his development at 3B, and I don't think it would be a good idea to change his position. Especially with Crede being a big ? right now.

Sweeney has to learn to hit the inside fastball sooner or later, and it isn't that big of an adjustment.

this team is falling apart. KW needs to bring in an outfielder, and a quality one. If they want to contend for a playoff spot this year (at the very least), then they're going to have to make a trade. And VERY soon. We have a lot of guys that are great coming off the bench on this team. Unfortunately, they're all starting.

Just terrible news for Pablo, he's really been a good sparkplug / utility guy for us over the past couple of seasons. Hopefully this doesn't cause any long term damage, especially with his speed.

Will Fields get the call? I don't think he will, even if he's hitting the ball real good this month. Jerry Owens could the guy to get the call, just because of the speed factor, with Mack and Cintron getting more AB's in the infield in the meantime.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:23 PM)
.278/.347/.496/.843 vs lefties last season while playing for the Yankees and a .289/.356/.559/.915 career line vs south paws. It's a minor league f***ing contract what is there not to like about the signing?

How good is Fields in left? I know he played a couple of games out there last year and a few games in winter ball. Even if he is a downgrade defensively. I would like to see him out there.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 27, 2007 -> 06:36 PM)
Owens is playing well.

With Pablo going down, and Podsednik down, I think it may well be time to give Jerry a month to see if he can hit some MLB pitching.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 29, 2007 -> 11:45 AM)
With Pablo going down, and Podsednik down, I think it may well be time to give Jerry a month to see if he can hit some MLB pitching.

Owens line so far:

.287 .372 25k's 25BB 21SB 7CS 33R 2E

Josh Fields

.283 .398 .898 OPS 51 SO 36BB 7E