Kobe To the Bulls Rumors

Take it for what it's worth, but Dan Bernstein just said that he got information that said that a deal of the following is 90% to get done within the next 48-72 hours.

Lakers get

Ron Artest

Kings get

Kirk

Bulls get

Kobe

other pieces will move, supposedly, and gordon might be out the door... but this is what he just broke with. You have to fit the other pieces where they may fall... I don't see why Ron Artest is what the Lakers would want, but he seems REALLY REALLY certain this is how its going to happen.

You would assume Tyrus and picks would also go to the Lakers.

Edited by Steve9347

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Oct 31, 2007 -> 02:27 PM)
If Captain Kirk goes, and Gordon... who plays the point? Duhon? YUCK.

I want Kobe on the Bulls... but I want to keep Kirk and Deng.

hahaha.

you dont even hesitate when they ask for Kirk in a deal. you laugh.

Can a mod change the thread title to Dan Bernstein: Kobe to Bulls 90% done?

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Oct 31, 2007 -> 03:31 PM)
I will disagree... but tell me where/who overrates him?

You for one.

Thinking we need the slow-footed mediocre point guard with Kobe on the team. Sefalosha can take over at PG if there is a consistant shooter at SG.

QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 31, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)
He's still around, mulling retirement from what I last heard.

He has an expiring contract option that can be activated if contract balancing is necessary in a trade.

He is a free agent though isn't he?

I didn't think he had any ties to the Bulls anymore.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 31, 2007 -> 02:40 PM)
I'm not a bball expert by ANY MEANS, but if there is a deal for Kobe on the table, and Kirk is the center piece, you do the deal yesterday....

Yeah, but do you still do the deal if Gordon is also leaving the team?

These are the principles of the trade, im sure there are other pieces from the other teams moving around as well.

The discussion is also happening here on Talkbulls.com as well. Steve9347 is spearheading them both :)

Edited by kyyle23

Man, that means Duhon or Sefolosha starting at PG, or possibly Gordon. Yeesh. I'd MUCH rather see Gordon as the centerpiece, Kirk can have an awful lot of value as a complementary guard that can limit turnovers, play defense, and stick the wide-open jumpers he's bound to get with decent regularity. I just don't think Sefolosha is ready, Duhon can't score/shoot, and Gordon as a PG on both ends worries me.

Obviously value-wise it's a no-brainer, but it doesn't seem to make sense with the rest of the team, you take a major hit at PG and end up with two SG's.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

just listening to bernstein now, he said he got a call from someone reliable, and that its in kobes hands...but he said take this with a grain of salt and that this type of thing changes often.....i didnt hear the initial report, but from the sounds of it, it didnt really sound like he thought this was 90% to go through

Edited by daa84

Whether or not it'd be better including Gordon or Kirk overall isn't necessarily the point in this sort of deal though. The point that no one should forget is that Kirk's contract makes a deal like this 1000% easier. You have to include like 5-6 guys to come up with a legal deal for Kobe if you don't include Kirk or Wallace.

And if it was possible to get Kobe Bryant without giving up more than 1 of Gordon, Deng, TT, Wallace, and Noah, it'd be hard not to jump at that.