Kobe To the Bulls Rumors

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 31, 2007 -> 03:20 PM)
So if Kobe won't go to Chicago without Deng being there (I think I've read that), and the Lakers won't accept a trade without Deng in it...uhh, am I missing something?

That is where the so called third team will come in.

ESPN just had breaking news about a 3 Way Deal that FELL THROUGH.

Here is goes:

Bulls send Ben Gordon and PJ BRown to the Kings

and Ben Wallace to LA

Kobe comes to the Bulls and Ron Artest goes to the Lakers!

Please feel free to discuss.

Oh the hold up was the amount of money owed to Wallace.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 31, 2007 -> 03:41 PM)
Hmmm, would people prefer trading Hinrich and Gordon, or Gordon, Thomas and Noah for Kobe?

Gordon, Thomas, and Noah BY FAR. Actually, now that I think about it, Thabo and Kobe in the backcourt isn't bad either.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 31, 2007 -> 05:27 PM)
Did Kobe veto the deal because Ben was going? That would have been a fantastic deal for Chicago, imo, as they would have had the flexibility to go out and pick up a center via trade.

No. And that deal would have been absolutely amazing, I'm pretty down that this didn't happen.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 31, 2007 -> 05:27 PM)
Did Kobe veto the deal because Ben was going? That would have been a fantastic deal for Chicago, imo, as they would have had the flexibility to go out and pick up a center via trade.

I think it had to do with Wallace not fitting into the triangle offense very well.

Once again, why are the Lakers in a position to dictate the trade? Kobe has been in the drivers seat since his infamous remarks about getting a Bulls jersey, the Lakers dont want to be left high and dry with an unhappy superstar who will walk in 2 years leaving them with nothing. Regardless what Magic is saying, if Kobe wants to play with Deng then i guess Deng is off the table, the Lakers will still have to deal Kobe.

The funny thing is that the Lakers are going to have to bite the bullet and trade for less value, and they are trying to max out the value which just isnt possible because of their lack of leverage.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 31, 2007 -> 05:29 PM)
Once again, why are the Lakers in a position to dictate the trade? Kobe has been in the drivers seat since his infamous remarks about getting a Bulls jersey, the Lakers dont want to be left high and dry with an unhappy superstar who will walk in 2 years leaving them with nothing. Regardless what Magic is saying, if Kobe wants to play with Deng then i guess Deng is off the table, the Lakers will still have to deal Kobe.

The funny thing is that the Lakers are going to have to bite the bullet and trade for less value, and they are trying to max out the value which just isnt possible because of their lack of leverage.

The Lakers can hold off and if Kobe really wants out that bad, he will expand his list of acceptable teams to be traded to. The Lakers still have some power, at least for another year or so. One good thing for the Bulls is Paxson is the GM. Kobe is no Jordan, but he's probably the closest thing and Paxson knows what has to be there for that kind of player to win since he was with Michael before and after they started winning.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 31, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
I don't totally agree that Wallace wouldn't fit in with the triangle. He is a very good passing Center. Longley wasn't exactly a big threat in the triangle and we did ok.

I think, when it comes right down to it, comparing the other parts in that setup, Michael Jordan is just slightly better than Ron Artest and Scottie Pippen might be just a bit ahead of Odom.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2007 -> 06:07 PM)
I think, when it comes right down to it, comparing the other parts in that setup, Michael Jordan is just slightly better than Ron Artest and Scottie Pippen might be just a bit ahead of Odom.

I meant in terms of his role. Wallace would find himself in the high post at times where he has to dish the ball. I clearly don't think the Lakers will win the title this year with the triangle and what they would have if Kobe was in red.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 31, 2007 -> 10:30 PM)
The Lakers are in no position to dictate the trade. We are a playoff team either way, and they probably arent. If they want to hold on to Kobe who hates playing for them, go ahead.

Go ahead, Kupchak, keep asking for Deng. Kobe will keep saying no. Although I'm very surprised the Bulls would offer him. I would think he'd be the closest to untouchable.

I would also hesitate to dump BOTH Tyrus and Joekim. One, yes...but both, no.

Dan Bernstein is talking about this right now. I'll try to keep up.

He still says "Kobe Bryant to become a Bull" by tomorrow afternoon still a 90% possibility.

He says Kobe is in charge of this. Deals are talked about that are put in front of Kobe and he has rejected them all... they have already agreed on deals and Kobe has turned them down.

The player mentioned the most by "people who know what's going on" is Kirk Hinrich.

Kirk is young, desirable, defends, and under contract for a reasonable amount. Kobe knows that Kirk dominates the ball, moreso than any other Bull (amount of time on shotclock with ball in hands, not necessarily shots).

The Deng stuff is purely Bryant. The Bulls are more than willing to deal Deng but Bryant refuses to move without Deng staying in Chicago. All names are on the table.

Kobe wants to be a Bull, Bulls want Kobe, Kobe wants to be a Bull entirely on his own terms.

There are a lot of people who want this deal to get done, but its incredibly complicated involving a 3rd team. A deal proposed yesterday would have involved a player going to the Lakers who was then sent to the Cavaliers (Bibby to the Cavs).

Paxson stayed home yesterday to work on this deal, but the game actually being played delayed negotiations. Until John Paxson says this thing is over, it is very active right now.

This is from Bernstein, who has very reliable connections with the Bulls.

Edited by Steve9347

I dont think Pax has been willing to deal Deng at all. I think that part of it is BS. Pax is too smart to give up his team for a single player. The bulls are in a position of power because we are one of the best teams in the east without making a single move. I think Pax is trying to leverage the desperation of LA by offering them less than people think. I can see it getting done with Gordon, Thomas, Noah, and a pick.

Team who deal superstars out of necessity DO NOT get anything good in return. Its historically been more of an unload, just look at some of the past deals.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Nov 1, 2007 -> 02:13 PM)
Dan Bernstein is talking about this right now. I'll try to keep up.

He still says "Kobe Bryant to become a Bull" by tomorrow afternoon still a 90% possibility.

He says Kobe is in charge of this. Deals are talked about that are put in front of Kobe and he has rejected them all... they have already agreed on deals and Kobe has turned them down.

The player mentioned the most by "people who know what's going on" is Kirk Hinrich.

Kirk is young, desirable, defends, and under contract for a reasonable amount. Kobe knows that Kirk dominates the ball, moreso than any other Bull (amount of time on shotclock with ball in hands, not necessarily shots).

The Deng stuff is purely Bryant. The Bulls are more than willing to deal Deng but Bryant refuses to move without Deng staying in Chicago. All names are on the table.

Kobe wants to be a Bull, Bulls want Kobe, Kobe wants to be a Bull entirely on his own terms.

There are a lot of people who want this deal to get done, but its incredibly complicated involving a 3rd team. A deal proposed yesterday would have involved a player going to the Lakers who was then sent to the Cavaliers (Bibby to the Cavs).

Paxson stayed home yesterday to work on this deal, but the game actually being played delayed negotiations. Until John Paxson says this thing is over, it is very active right now.

This is from Bernstein, who has very reliable connections with the Bulls.

The NBA has always been notorius for its BS rumors. While, I'm sure there is a lot of talk going on, most of it is garbage. Anyone can sound like an expert. I wonder if Bernstein who says 90% chance by tomorrow would be willing to put money on it. What would change between now and then. If Kobe is rejecting everything and adding another team is incredibly complicated how is it that its almost a done deal? A 90% possibility that it gets done? He's talking out of both sides of his mouth. I'm more inclined to listen to Magic Johnson who said Deng was the sticking point. He has better connections than Bernstein.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 1, 2007 -> 02:17 PM)
I dont think Pax has been willing to deal Deng at all. I think that part of it is BS. Pax is too smart to give up his team for a single player. The bulls are in a position of power because we are one of the best teams in the east without making a single move. I think Pax is trying to leverage the desperation of LA by offering them less than people think. I can see it getting done with Gordon, Thomas, Noah, and a pick.

Team who deal superstars out of necessity DO NOT get anything good in return. Its historically been more of an unload, just look at some of the past deals.

Kobe opts out in 2 years, and if he wants to get paid, he's going to have to agree to a sign and trade. The Lakers are far from powerless here.