White Sox vs. Twins, 5/28/07 (L)

WSoxMatt

Hunter was a bit lucky his ball bounced off the plate, but the next batter drilled the ball hard, something that has been consistently happening for 17 games now. Evidently there is nothing that can be done about it. If the offensive woes were Walker's fault, maybe its time to fire Cooper.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, Ozzie's biggest mistake was not having the infield in when Punto was up. With a one run lead in the 6th against a starter/relief core which is lights out....you have to try and cut down that run at home.

QUOTE(JohnCangelosi @ May 28, 2007 -> 08:32 PM)
How long have you been watching Twins baseball? They are by far the luckiest team in the league with all of the BS that happens in this joke of a stadium, including shank hits and infield choppers that bounce like a FU*&ING superball that they have perfected at this place.

Not to mention the lost in the tarp advantage they have amongst others.

I've seen it now for 22 years.

Playing there 81 games a year is the biggest home field advantage in baseball, bar none. Of course, in the post season, they get exposed and undressed like the b&tches they are but thats a whole nother point.

I admit they are fundamentally sound and have a great bullpen, but mark my words:

THIS WILL BE A DIFFERENT TEAM WHEN THEY MOVE INTO THE NEW STADIUM!!!!

It's called they play towards their stadium. Like you said, it's not luck if it always happens. They construct their team around playing like this.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:32 PM)
God Bless America during the seventh inning stretch is getting old.

i'm sick of that s***. i never stand and never take off my hat cuz i'm sorry but it just doesnt belong there.

QUOTE(Wedge @ May 28, 2007 -> 08:31 PM)
By sending your staff ace out there to pitch another inning? My memory is short... but I think that's what Ozzie did.

Our staff ace with a 4.45 ERA and diminishing fastball? Sounds like 2006 all over again. :P

QUOTE(Brian @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:20 PM)
Wait til the Twins get a real ball park.

I never enjoy something quite as much as when the Twins blow up in the playoffs. The reason is simple: a team that doesn't play in a baseball stadium doesn't deserve to win the most important games in baseball. Whatever that piece of garbage is, it ain't that. It serves their organization, fan base, and Punto/Tyner slap-down-at-the-ball-3rd-graders right.

They deserve to win nothing. I'm glad they've won NOTHING in the playoffs in 15 years. I wish it were longer. I wish they hadn't beaten the Cardinals in '87 and the Braves in '91. I wish that Harmon Killebrew would have to play centerfield for them -- today.

There. I feel much better.

Of course, if they want to give us Santana, Morneau, Mauer, Hunter, Cuddyer, Punto, Castillo and Nathan -- well, I'd be alright with that, too. :P

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:34 PM)
That's real intelligent!! You must be related to our asshole manager!!!

The smiley faces say it was a joke, but you arent bright enough to notice the 3 of them there... calm down man, its a baseball game.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 28, 2007 -> 02:34 PM)
Our staff ace with a 4.45 ERA and diminishing fastball? Sounds like 2006 all over again. :P

Ugh. Over/under on the reappearance of that firesale thread?

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:35 PM)
The smiley faces say it was a joke, but you arent bright enough to notice the 3 of them there... calm down man, its a baseball game.

I saw the smiley faces. I'm just pissed cause I had money on this game, and Ozziee f***ed me. No hard feelings bro

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
I saw the smiley faces. I'm just pissed cause I had money on this game, and Ozziee f***ed me. No hard feelings bro

Why would you put money on Sox vs. Johan?? That's a little bit ballsy and a lot INSANE. :P

OH then you are excused...What was that money line like +230

Edited by WSoxMatt

Money? On today's game? :bang

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ May 28, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)

No offense, as you know I like negative posts, but you're the dumbass for betting on the Sox.

QUOTE(chisox72 @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
Why would you put money on Sox vs. Johan?? That's a little bit ballsy and a lot INSANE. :P

Exactly. You deserve to lose your money.