White Sox vs. Twins, 5/28/07 (L)

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(fathom @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:24 PM)
Maybe we should just be so thankful that Cotts, Politte, Hermanson, and Jenks could make any manager look good.

Or be thankful that they did the job they were being paid to do. Ozzie can't bring in Goose Gossage, Lee Smith, and Bruce Sutter in their prime.

When called upon, guys need to do their job. None of our guys, except Jenks, are doing that.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Iguchicago @ May 28, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)
Yea, because that was what he clearly wanted to do.

Did you see his swing? He knew exactly what he was doing protecting like that. I guess between Pena's cheap homer and Hunter's cheap hit.....we're just not getting lucky these days.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 28, 2007 -> 02:28 PM)
Contreras should have been pulled after Bartlett's single for Logan.

You have to know in your heart of hearts that even if Ozzie does that we're still probably losing this game.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:24 PM)
I wanted Donnelly this offseason.

He couldn't have banked on Thornton and MacDougal struggling like they have.

Thornton has been lights out this month.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 28, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
So how is Ozzie supposed to protect against that?

I didn't say it was all his fault. Vazquez and Contreras had nothing two straight days, and it was just a matter of time before they gave up a handful of runs in an inning. However, once Contreras let Bartlett reach base, a lefty should have been brought in. Not only cause the next 3 hitters were either lefties or switch hitters, but also to hold the runner more efficiently.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ May 28, 2007 -> 02:27 PM)
Why did Aardsma wait until the final batter to throw an offspeed pitch?

None of us can explain this. Torii Hunter ALWAYS sits on fastballs in these situations and every single time we throw him one. I have no idea how he missed the first two fastballs Aardsma threw him which were right down the middle. It was exactly what he was looking for.

QUOTE(Wedge @ May 28, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
You have to know in your heart of hearts that even if Ozzie does that we're still probably losing this game.

That's fine....but I hate when he leaves out the starting pitcher to die when it's obvious to everyone they have nothing left.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)
Thornton has been lights out this month.

He started slowly, however. Everyone's had their rocky points.

Evidently Greg Walker moved on from the offense and is now working with the Sox BP.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 28, 2007 -> 02:30 PM)

Evidently Greg Walker moved on from the offense and is now working with the Sox BP.

Coop'll fix 'em!

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 28, 2007 -> 08:30 PM)

I just want to know where everyone's velocity went? Aardsma was throwing 95-96 mph last year....and now everything is 91-92 mph. Don't even get me started on Contreras and Vazquez's velocity.

How's it luck? It's called making contact.

are you kidding?? It's luck because instead of a chopper to the mound or any other fielder, ONLY MN, IN MN, gets the one that bounces behind the plate 70 ft straight in the air!!

In no other game this month will that occur anywhere in the entire MLB.....except of course when we're tied at the M-dome with bases jacked and 2 outs, against a sub-500 team. Then Aardsma get hit not just hard, but of of course in the gap, if this was Cleveland, it would have been a bullet hit straight at someone.

Against Santana on the road this team, seriously should just forfeit. My wife just asked why they took that other pitcher out for this other guy? I had to explain that Ozzie has no choice but to insert the most unreliable guy on the staff in a super high pressure situation. Hell, why are we even fu&&&ng around, why not just bring Jenks in with the bases loaded and hope for some K's and a DP?? Then use the mentally screwed guys later when at least there's no one on base????

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 28, 2007 -> 02:30 PM)
Thats how you hold a team after you take the lead OZZIE!

By sending your staff ace out there to pitch another inning? My memory is short... but I think that's what Ozzie did.

How's it luck? It's called making contact.

How long have you been watching Twins baseball? They are by far the luckiest team in the league with all of the BS that happens in this joke of a stadium, including shank hits and infield choppers that bounce like a FU*&ING superball that they have perfected at this place.

Not to mention the lost in the tarp advantage they have amongst others.

I've seen it now for 22 years.

Playing there 81 games a year is the biggest home field advantage in baseball, bar none. Of course, in the post season, they get exposed and undressed like the b&tches they are but thats a whole nother point.

I admit they are fundamentally sound and have a great bullpen, but mark my words:

THIS WILL BE A DIFFERENT TEAM WHEN THEY MOVE INTO THE NEW STADIUM!!!!