White Sox vs. Twins, 5/28/07 (L)

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(chisox72 @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
Why would you put money on Sox vs. Johan?? That's a little bit ballsy and a lot INSANE. :P

They were +160, and I honestly thought we were gonna get to santana today, which we did, but as usual our manager lost another game for us!!!

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 28, 2007 -> 08:39 PM)
I am so sick of Sox pitchers falling behind in counts. If their stuff is so dominating why don't the White Sox pitchers attack the hitters?

The stuff of the Sox pitchers is so overrated. We have two guys that throw at least 95 mph, we have only one guy with a specialty pitch (Contreras).

Kenny needs to make a move just to shake things up send a message I don't who or what but something this team right now is gonna be in 4th place the ERA 'S re rising, the Bullpen sucks, and we just don't have enough tough outs like a Punto or a Bartlett.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 28, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
I am really hoping Contreras is the one moved this offseason.

I just have such a bad feeling it will be Buehrle and Garland that are gone. Don't worry though, Floyd and Gio are ready to come up and lead us to a 5th place AL Central finish.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The bullpen combined makes less than 1/3 of what Vazquez gets. Going cheap on the bullpen is stupid. Justin Speier would have been a far more valuable player for the White Sox than Pods.

That $18 million arm is currently sitting on the DL. How would that help the Sox?

Think the Twins will auction off who gets to push the switch to demolish the HHH dome? I f***ing hate this place. Next time we should jst try and bunt the ball every at-bat.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ May 28, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
Kenny needs to make a move just to shake things up send a message I don't who or what but something this team right now is gonna be in 4th place the ERA 'S re rising, the Bullpen sucks, and we just don't have enough tough outs like a Punto or a Bartlett.

Punto and Bartlett suck

QUOTE(fathom @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:41 PM)
I just have such a bad feeling it will be Buehrle and Garland that are gone. Don't worry though, Floyd and Gio are ready to come up and lead us to a 5th place AL Central finish.

I hear that!

QUOTE(Wedge @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:39 PM)
ok, so new strategy. The bullpen pitches innings one and two. The starter starts innings 3-8. Jenks pitches the 9th if we're winning.

this is one of the most brilliant things I've read. if we're going to shakeup the batting lineup, why not the pitching lineup. Clearly our guys can't come in with anything but a 0-0 score, so let's give them that and bring in the guys who can give up less than 4 runs to give their 7 inninges later. well done!

Meanwhile we just sit and watch the playoff get farther and farther away as they try to fix this pathetic crew of a bullpen

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:41 PM)
That $18 million arm is currently sitting on the DL. How would that help the Sox?

Think the Twins will auction off who gets to push the switch to demolish the HHH dome? I f***ing hate this place. Next time we should jst try and bunt the ball every at-bat.

We don't know that he would have been hurt if he were with the Sox, and when he was available this year, he was pretty good. Pods the guy I said he would be better than is also on the DL. He had some sort of virus. His 0.75 WHIP and .169 BAA would be very unique in the White Sox bullpen.

Edited by Dick Allen

What bothers me is Sox have played FEWEST games in MLB, had starters go at least 6 innings in a ton of games and Bullpen STILL suck when all doubleheaders and NO off days catches up Sox will be in the s***ter! :angry:

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:43 PM)
I heard Cotts was reassigned to AAA? Is that true?

Yes. He started out well, but started getting lit up so unlike the White Sox, they don't need to watch it continue for a couple of months before making a move.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ May 28, 2007 -> 08:44 PM)
Why because they don't put up those Sexy fantasy stats

No, because they suck. They only look good against us because of their speed. .230 batting averages with no power means you suck.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 28, 2007 -> 08:45 PM)
Rofl @ Aardsma. What a joke of a pitcher. How do you go from lights-out dominating, to the worst reliever on the team?

P.S. at the time of this post Sisco is already gone.

Maybe we should be happy we got such a good month from him.