Gonzalez, Day Called Up

Heads22

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 28, 2007 -> 05:11 PM)
I don't see how people can slam Masset. He has some nice secondary stuff and as a starter he has an above average fastball that sustains its velocity and life late into games.

We are just upset about being told that the guy can throw 97-98, when he has only topped out at 95 once or twice.

I don't see how people can slam Masset. He has some nice secondary stuff and as a starter he has an above average fastball that sustains its velocity and life late into games.

I'm not slamming Masset. He's not the one who sold fans on a fastball with additional velocity.

We need an outfielder and we need a reliever.

So true. We need a reliable veteran middle reliever we can overwork to get us

to Jenks.

Day certainly was horrible. His pitches screamed "hit me" against the Twins who embarrassed

the Sox today as usual when Santana (four runs?) is pitching.

Neither call up impressed me at all. Gonzalez keeps getting the nod but what has he contributed? Day flopped in his debut. Any other team calls up someone from the minors and they throw shutoutrs and hit homers

Edited by elrockinMT

Masset had a great start. His first start of his career. I don't know how you can come to the conclusion his fastball sustains its velocity late into games when he didn't pitch late into the game. I was very encouraged by his start, but lets remember a couple things. The wind was howling straight in at 25 mph. It was about 45 degrees, and it was against a team that is struggling. BY Kim just shut the Cubs down, and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the White Sox rotation.