And Thats a White Sox Loser !

Typical Twin win in the baggydome. Infield hits, Tyner, Punto ,Castillo ,and Bartlett on base 13 out of 19 times.

Hunter robbing Thome of a HR.

Conteras not covering 1st, beaning a hitter 0-2, 2 outs starting a 3 run rally. 2 errors. Gooch stepping on a groundball. AJ supposedly attempting to step on the heel of Morneau twice pissing Gardenhire and the Twins bench off. Dewon Day debut looking like the rest of the bullpen. Aardsma wildness.

Did about as well as you can expect off of Santana. Now that we seem to be scoring 4 runs a game the pitching takes a turn for the worse.

We get outplayed, outsmarted, and outmaneuvered every time we play the Twins.

They respond and deliver, we don't. Good teams don't roll over like we always seem to against the Twinkies. And not to mention Gardenhire is one of the best in the business.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ May 28, 2007 -> 05:05 PM)
That thing with AJ was retarded.

I watched the Twins post gameon FSN North and I guess in AJs 1st AB, he tagged 1st base awefully close to JMs foot...then after the 2nd groundout (DP), again Gardy felt he had the whole base to hit and damn near clipped JMs foot again...I guess that was Gardy protecting his MVP but I would be surprised to see AJ plunked in the right situation later in the series

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
I watched the Twins post gameon FSN North and I guess in AJs 1st AB, he tagged 1st base awefully close to JMs foot...then after the 2nd groundout (DP), again Gardy felt he had the whole base to hit and damn near clipped JMs foot again...I guess that was Gardy protecting his MVP but I would be surprised to see AJ plunked in the right situation later in the series

Also on the Twins postgame Gardenhire talked to AJ and said its over and forgotten. He accepts AJ's explanation.

Ozzie still does not know how to manage the pitching staff. No reason Count should have been in that long when he clearly did not have his best stuff and had a lead going into the 6th, against Santana no less.

The score could've been much worse - The Twins had 21 LOB.

Ozzie still does not know how to manage the pitching staff. No reason Count should have been in that long when he clearly did not have his best stuff and had a lead going into the 6th, against Santana no less.

Count pitched horribly in that sixth inning, but my gawd what do you want Ozzie to do?

The Sox bullpen is horrible. I mean when he took out Count you knew it was only going to get worse.

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 28, 2007 -> 06:32 PM)
Count pitched horribly in that sixth inning, but my gawd what do you want Ozzie to do?

The Sox bullpen is horrible. I mean when he took out Count you knew it was only going to get worse.

Ya seriously, I'd rather take my chances on a starter being in "too long" or going at least 7 leaving it at the very least up to Thornton and Jenks then our pathetic bullpen going in from the 5th, 6th innings.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 28, 2007 -> 06:47 PM)
Actually I was wrong, it was 23:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2...chamlb_minmlb_1

It is a cumulative total.

Cumulative total means absolutely nothing. You don't simply add up the players totals, you take the team total cuz in the end that is how many men are left on base at the end of an inning.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 28, 2007 -> 06:48 PM)
Cumulative total means absolutely nothing. You don't simply add up the players totals, you take the team total cuz in the end that is how many men are left on base at the end of an inning.

It means absolutely nothing? Come on now.

It actually means a lot, by showing there were players on base with less than two outs. The cumulative total shows that they had 23 opportunities with runners on and did not convert. The 12 value does not show that.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 28, 2007 -> 07:11 PM)
It means absolutely nothing? Come on now.

It actually means a lot, by showing there were players on base with less than two outs. The cumulative total shows that they had 23 opportunities with runners on and did not convert. The 12 value does not show that.

As a TEAM they had 12 men on that they did not drive in.

QUOTE(Drew @ May 28, 2007 -> 04:53 PM)
We get outplayed, outsmarted, and outmaneuvered every time we play the Twins.

They respond and deliver, we don't. Good teams don't roll over like we always seem to against the Twinkies. And not to mention Gardenhire is one of the best in the business.

Flame away if you must, deny it if you will but this is a fact: The Sox played the Twins much better when Carl Everett was here. Attitude is a big part of the game of baseball.

I wish the Sox had Torii Hunter...

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ May 28, 2007 -> 05:37 PM)

I'm sure AJ did that on purpose (ran to the inside of first base, close to Morneau's foot) but I'm equally sure he made certain that he did not step on Morneau's foot in the process. A.J. likes to play head games but he is not a dirty player and never takes cheap shots at, nor sucker punches players. He just plays hard and clean.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ May 29, 2007 -> 01:06 AM)
Flame away if you must, deny it if you will but this is a fact: The Sox played the Twins much better when Carl Everett was here. Attitude is a big part of the game of baseball.

I wish the Sox had Torii Hunter...

I'm sure AJ did that on purpose (ran to the inside of first base, close to Morneau's foot) but I'm equally sure he made certain that he did not step on Morneau's foot in the process. A.J. likes to play head games but he is not a dirty player and never takes cheap shots at, nor sucker punches players. He just plays hard and clean.

It's the same thing every year for the Sox. We play them ok during the first half of the year, and then they dominate us towards the end of the year. Whatever AJ did wasn't too smart, as it seemed to pump up the Twins.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 28, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
It's the same thing every year for the Sox. We play them ok during the first half of the year, and then they dominate us towards the end of the year. Whatever AJ did wasn't too smart, as it seemed to pump up the Twins.

I don't like AJ at all, but I have a hard time seeing why this should be a big deal. I'm sure a bunch of Twins board are calling for AJ's head because he ALMOST stepped on Morneau's foot TWICE! Whatever. It is unfortunate, because now with Footgate the Twins will roll to their ordained sweep of the Sox. And Ozzie will inevitably play it the wrong way -- he'll either watch AJ get beaned and approvigly nod his head and tell the reporters he wishes the Sox played that way or he'll retaliate at the wrong time and hit Punto to put the winning run on base for Morneau & Hunter.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ May 29, 2007 -> 02:27 AM)
I don't like AJ at all, but I have a hard time seeing why this should be a big deal. I'm sure a bunch of Twins board are calling for AJ's head because he ALMOST stepped on Morneau's foot TWICE! Whatever. It is unfortunate, because now with Footgate the Twins will roll to their ordained sweep of the Sox. And Ozzie will inevitably play it the wrong way -- he'll either watch AJ get beaned and approvigly nod his head and tell the reporters he wishes the Sox played that way or he'll retaliate at the wrong time and hit Punto to put the winning run on base for Morneau & Hunter.

Funny you say that....after the game, Ozzie said that he'd have no problem if AJP and Morneau fought or if the Twins threw at AJP. I'd like to think that AJ didn't do anything intentional. However, we should know him well enough that this is the type of little thing he'll try to do in order to get under someone's skin.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 28, 2007 -> 09:29 PM)
after the game, Ozzie said that he'd have no problem if AJP and Morneau fought or if the Twins threw at AJP.

I heard Ozzie say he'd have no problem if Morneau fought AJ, but I did not hear him say he'd have no problem if they threw at him. If they do throw at AJ, Ozzie and the Sox pitchers better protect AJ. You don't let a teammate get drilled like that, especially because he almost stepped on a guy's foot.

BTW, the Indians and the Tigers both lost tonight as well. :)

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 28, 2007 -> 09:28 PM)
Why don't you like Pierzynski?

His little drama with Mike North and Guillen really bugged me. Being upset about losing at-bats is understandable, but taking it to the media and feeding the sports media circus was a poor move, I thought. Also, he really does seem to be a jackass. As a player, he think he's perfectly acceptable -- best catcher the Sox have had in a long time.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ May 28, 2007 -> 05:37 PM)

I wouldn't either.

Neither would I be surprised if, after Pierzynski were plunked, the umpires immediately warned both benches for the remainder of the series. Of course, from HBP onwards both games will be close, and when Guillen does instruct a pitcher to hit someone (probably Morneau) it'll immediately come back to haunt us.

Well this bullpen is a joke and somehow worse than last year. The offense did as good a job as you can expect against Johan, but with this bullpen, Jose CAN'T just lose his focus like that. Actually, 7 of their first 8 runs can be atributed in large part to braincramps by Jose (the Boone pitch to get Morneau should have been the 3rd out, and we all saw the 2nd inning meltdown), so really you can't do that no matter what the bullpen is doing. Today's loss is about 80 percent on Count IMO.

And I've seen the replay 4 times and still don't know what A.J. did.

Edited by whitesoxfan101