White Sox vs. Twins, 5/29/07 (L)

knightni

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everything fell into place for him during that offseason. The only competition for AJP was Tampa, and neither the Red Sox/Yankees went after Iguchi. As DA always talks about on here, a lot of guys that KW initially wanted went elsewhere and sucked, like Clement and Kendall.

That's the way it goes, that is what happens when you win. Everything fell into place for StLouis last year, everything fell into place for Boston, especially after being down 3 games to NY. Williams bought low on Pierzynski and the same on Iguchi. He did the right thing getting Contreras when he did and the list goes on and on with guys he bought low like that. He was not afriad then and he won't be afraid now, this is a bad embarassment tonight.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 30, 2007 -> 02:12 AM)
Masset sucks tonight dam.

He's been s***ty out of the bullpen this year. Might as well send him to AAA and make him a starter and see if he can fill one of the holes we'll have next year.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)
twins seem eager to just crush us.

they probably will.

like to see us dust one of their hitters.

but it won't happen.

AJ has a nice seat up on the outside corner. We attack other teams, like we are pitching against ourselves. Here is a clue, other teams adjust and see the pattern. Not all teams have Greg Walker as their hitting coach waiting for a center cut fastball to crush. Some actually read a scouting report and come with a plan.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)
pods will turn us around.
I don't know who is at fault but I'm thinking as bad as the sox players look.. I'm trying to guess which player will get designated for assignment pending unconditional release first. Edited by forrestg

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:13 PM)
He's been s***ty out of the bullpen this year. Might as well send him to AAA and make him a starter and see if he can fill one of the holes we'll have next year.

I think that really would be a good move!

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who is Greg Miller?

Just some kid who hasn't done anything in the major leagues since he heard his name mentioned three years ago.

Of course we did have one poster here who planned on building the Sox future rotation for years to come around Edwin Jackson and Greg Miller at the expense of Konerko and Ordonez. These days this poster cries about how much our scouts suck. I'm glad he wasn't part of the staff back then.

the most annoying thing is that Ozzie will blow the twins after this game, talking about how great they are, how they are the best team in the world and how in awe he is of them. Maybe a killer instinct and a chip on the shoulder would work instead of blowing them.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:13 PM)

The fact we haven't done that yet is bewildering for me. He's a way better starter and we'll need him next year.

Now Hawk being a tool. Taking pitches when you are down, is advantage pitcher. No Santo with legs, its called working a count and trying to get base runners. Swinging at the first pitch and trying to hit it 9000 feet is how complete games are made.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
jerry owens three hits tonight.

he's up to .297.

trade mack and see if that kid can do anything.

Mack is meaningless if we aren't going to contend.

I agree on giving Owens a chance too. Hey, who knows?