White Sox vs. Twins, 5/29/07 (L)

knightni

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ May 30, 2007 -> 02:05 AM)
who should be the first three players traded?

I vote:

1. Crede (find out if Fields can play).

2. Vazquez (somebody will want a pitcher).

3. Thome (Angels could use a DH).

Vazquez isn't going anywhere. You bring up an interesting name in Thome though. I think he'd net us the biggest value in return.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)

I vote:

1. DYE

2. Crede

3. All of the bullpen but Jenks and Thorton.

4. Vazquez

5. Count

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)

I vote:

Crede - only if he starts hitting he will be able to get us something

Vazquez - Why? He is fairly cheap and locked up for 3 more years.

Thome - He ain't going anywhere unless we release him

Show some heart AJ.

I f***ing hate this dome.

KW was never "awful" as a GM. He was a n00b early on and made some silly mistakes, but he turned it around before the 2003 season.

You're pathetic Joe.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
I date it back to the Jay Mariotti incident last June.

We were actually playing our best ball around that time of the year, and immediately afterward.

I don't think it has anything to do with Mariotti. We've just aged and become an average team over the last 4 months of baseball.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
Now people are really starting to get the point about who made this team as bad as it is right now: Kenny Williams.

Well yeah, but our manager is still lousy. It's starting to look like both need to go.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 30, 2007 -> 02:03 AM)
I remember how everybody said KW was a horrible GM heading into 2005. Maybe they were right, and 2005 was an abberation.

Everything fell into place for him during that offseason. The only competition for AJP was Tampa, and neither the Red Sox/Yankees went after Iguchi. As DA always talks about on here, a lot of guys that KW initially wanted went elsewhere and sucked, like Clement and Kendall.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:06 PM)
Hawk "the offense is starting to come around". What the f*** team is he watching!!!!

PK is coming around...

hey, looks like I have a good shot at winning the pick-to-click contest tonight at least...

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 30, 2007 -> 02:02 AM)
This team tuned Guillen out since August of 2006 it is obvious to see on a day to day basis! :chair

I think there was a lot more to that article on mlb.com about the Sox having some issues with Ozzie. Articles like that aren't written for no reason.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:07 PM)
We were actually playing our best ball around that time of the year, and immediately afterward.

I don't think it has anything to do with Mariotti. We've just aged and become an average team over the last 4 months of baseball.

Yes, but when Ozzie was sensitive and suspended, the fall started.

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:07 PM)
Everything fell into place for him during that offseason. The only competition for AJP was Tampa, and neither the Red Sox/Yankees went after Iguchi. As DA always talks about on here, a lot of guys that KW initially wanted went elsewhere and sucked, like Clement and Kendall.

And so many trades didn't work out, like Burnett for Contreras and prospects in June of 2005, or Garland/Singleton for Erstad in the offseason, a move ultimately nixed by the Disney Corp.

I bet you the thief who impersonates a hitting coach will now use the pitching issues, to say our hitters are pressing to hit being down a few runs.

Nice to see the lift and pull approach has people swinging for St. Paul being down by a bunch of runs. Our hitters have the collective offensive approach of a child. Swing hard as you can, swing for the fence on every single pitch, swing and dont get cheated. This has been a losing whitesox approach for a while.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't recall any direct stories linking the Sox to Kendall before the 2005 season (only after we traded Olivo in 2004 there were rumors) and at the time he looked like a solid pickup with his OBP. Hell, Jason Kendall is currently the highest paid player on the Pirates roster. :o

I remember the Greg Miller, Edwin Jackson, Odalis Perez, and Matt Clement kool aid flowing on this board too. Hell, we even had some people supporting Cristian Guzman. :o :o :o

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:09 PM)
I think there was a lot more to that article on mlb.com about the Sox having some issues with Ozzie. Articles like that aren't written for no reason.

is this recent?

do you have a link? i was out of town and didn't have a computer the last 3 games...

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:11 PM)
I don't recall any direct stories linking the Sox to Kendall before the 2005 season (only after we traded Olivo in 2004 there were rumors) and at the time he looked like a solid pickup with his OBP. Hell, Jason Kendall is currently the highest paid player on the Pirates roster. :o

I remember the Greg Miller, Edwin Jackson, Odalis Perez, and Matt Clement kool aid flowing on this board too. Hell, we even had some people supporting Cristian Guzman. :o :o :o

Who is Greg Miller?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 30, 2007 -> 02:11 AM)

Ha, that's hillarious about Kendall and the Pirates. I remember everyone sitting around watching Comcast on the night Clement was supposed to decide, and there were "rumors" that he was going to give the Sox a hometown discount (which was just about the dumbest rational ever).

Watch the twins hitters, watch how they hit the ball up the middle. Watch how they put the ball in play. I dont see any of their hitters falling over trying to hit home runs. I dont see strikeouts on pitches over their noggin.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 30, 2007 -> 02:12 AM)
is this recent?

do you have a link? i was out of town and didn't have a computer the last 3 games...

Who is Greg Miller?

No link, but it came out a week or so before the Ozzie/North debacle.