White Sox vs. Twins, 5/29/07 (L)

knightni

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:43 PM)
I thoroughly enjoy watching AJ half-ass it down the line each at-bat. Just love it.

Someone needs to find the press conference when Ozzie was hired. How it doesnt matter who you are, you will play the game the right way or you wont play for his team.

We have fielders half assing it.

We have at least 2 dumb running mistakes a game.

We have guys swinging for the fence not matter what the situation.

Thats playing the game the right way. Lift and Pull, and Jog. tip your cap, and collect a paycheck.

Also, I saw someone mention A.J... He is really pissing me off lately. I see no hustle what so ever out of him... how about that guy from Seattle? Jeff Clement I think it is. Wouldnt mind making a trade for him...

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:47 PM)
Someone needs to find the press conference when Ozzie was hired. How it doesnt matter who you are, you will play the game the right way or you wont play for his team.

We have fielders half assing it.

We have at least 2 dumb running mistakes a game.

We have guys swinging for the fence not matter what the situation.

Thats playing the game the right way. Lift and Pull, and Jog. tip your cap, and collect a paycheck.

I swear to you this is true... Ozzie used to do the same thing down the line on routine grounders and Hawk of all people called him out on it once.

Dewon Day had more range on the right side of the field when he was playing Little League. I want him to do well....but good grief, a pitcher with a 1.50 WHIP in AA should never see a major league field.

I know I'm extremely pessimistic, but this talent level we're putting on the field is embarrassing as hell.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:47 PM)
Shocking, isn't it, after this last offseason?

I want KW to give the speech again how everyone outside Chicago gets how he put team together for 2007 and how stupid we all are again!

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 30, 2007 -> 02:50 AM)
I want KW to give the speech again how everyone outside Chicago gets how he put team together for 2007 and how stupid we all are again!

No one outside of Chicago knew what he was doing. There's a reason BP predicted this to be a 73 win team.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dewon Day had more range on the right side of the field when he was playing Little League. I want him to do well....but good grief, a pitcher with a 1.50 WHIP in AA should never see a major league field.

I know I'm extremely pessimistic, but this talent level we're putting on the field is embarrassing as hell.

yep. i can not believe i wasted $300 to see the sox in pittsburgh and KC this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shocking, isn't it, after this last offseason?

Honestly, no. I can't remember an offseason in which I disagreed with so many moves.

Pods has been a waste of money.

Erstad is being overused.

Our bullpen is young, cheap, and throws hard, but they are too inconsistent and I don't think Ozzie is using them to the best of his ability.

The Garcia trade is not helping our major league team right now.

What's Vazquez's motivation to pitch well?

Crede is back to being a bottom of the league third baseman (should've sold high like a lot of us were asking for.)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 30, 2007 -> 02:52 AM)
Honestly, no. I can't remember an offseason in which I disagreed with so many moves.

Pods has been a waste of money.

Erstad is being overused.

Our bullpen is young, cheap, and throws hard, but they are too inconsistent and I don't think Ozzie is using them to the best of his ability.

The Garcia trade is not helping our major league team right now.

What's Vazquez's motivation to pitch well?

Crede is back to being a bottom of the league third baseman (should've sold high like a lot of us were asking for.)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Great post....I know that you don't complain about things just to do b****.

I never understood calling Day up period, but especially when guys like Vasquez, Wing, and even Oneli Perez had/have better numbers on the same roster. Heck Fernando Hernandez was having a better season as well in the Pen for the Barons.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
uribe, gonzalez, Cintron.

who gets drilled?

or do they wait for AJ tomorrow?

hopefully cintron right in the elbow and breaks it and is out for the year so i never have to see his retarded @$$ on a major league diamond until 2008

Edited by briguy27

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ May 30, 2007 -> 02:53 AM)
Wanna see something fun...

turn to ESPN to watch Jose Reyes run the bases as the tying run in extra innings.

It's amazing how many exciting, young players there are in the game right now. Guys like Sizemore, Reyes, and Granderson are really fun to watch as leadoff hitters.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:52 PM)
CHAD CORDERO

Why would we grossly overpay to get another team's closer when we need offense, speed and youth more than anything?

It MIGHT have made sense coming into 2007, or down the stretch in 2006 to replace Jenks when he was hurting, but not now...

I have no interest in trading Gio Gonzalez to get Chad Cordero so we can have another overpaid, so-so stuff set-up man.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ May 30, 2007 -> 02:54 AM)
hopefully cintron right in the elbow and breaks it and is out for the year so i never have to see his retarded @$$ on a major league diamond until 2008

Classless post, especially after the family stuff he's dealing with.