Colon you piece of fat lazy shit!

Mathew

I think he has a dead arm just as was mentioned in another post and also by Hawk and DJ today on WGN-TV. It happens apparently although I have to admit I am not to familiar with the syndrome. He didn't look good out there nad he knew it. I think he is a battler becasue he kept pitching and when he missed you could tell he didn't like it. He wants to win just all the others on the team. I just hope he gets some life back in that arm. We need him.

Guest Ncorgbl
Record doesn't mean a thing. A ton of things can happen to tranish or improve a pitcher's record based on his performance.

Bulls***. WINS mean everything, that's why they play. Colon did not step up today, or last week. He quit on us.

Bulls***. WINS mean everything, that's why they play. Colon did not step up today, or last week. He quit on us.

I won't agree he quit -

I will agree he did not step up today -

tired arm or whatever, not his day at all and almost killed us -

and tonight after the game when I thought of how he pitched, you came to mind!

And when a starter loses 3 games in a row 1-0, his record will be 0-3. You have to look deeper than just the W-L record. If you didn't, this board would be full of OldRomans :rolleyes: . Gimme a break. You can't tell a pitchers mindset just by looking at his expression. That's pure bulls***. If he admits in the press or postgame, that's one thing. To base an argument based on a players expression or whether he's looking towards the dugout is garbage.

And when a starter loses 3 games in a row 1-0, his record will be 0-3. You have to look deeper than just the W-L record. If you didn't, this board would be full of OldRomans :rolleyes: . Gimme a break. You can't tell a pitchers mindset just by looking at his expression. That's pure bulls***. If he admits in the press or postgame, that's one thing. To base an argument based on a players expression or whether he's looking towards the dugout is garbage.

Now that's what I'm trying to get at!

Wins aren't individual stats... While, yes, a team's win/loss record is all that matters, a pitcher's personal win/loss record is about the stupidest way to evulate him as a successful pitcher or not.

:lolhitting

Jeez, you guys are brutal..why don't you take it easy on our Sox...The only person who can be brutal to the Sox is me :D

Anyways, I can't belive people are calling this guy a quitter!?!? This guy has proven over the last 5 years that he wants to pitch a CG everytime he goes out there..Obviously Colon may have or has some sort of dead arm. He piched 7 shutout innings last week..I don't call that quitting and he didn't have it today...I don't know how you can say he quit on the team..You don't know how is arm is feeling out there...Give the guy a f***ing break

Guest Ncorgbl

I've not based anything on his expressions, only on his performance. Where'd you get that?

I have looked deeper, much deeper. 97 pitches last Sunday and 98 yesterday, for our 'workhorse', complete gamer, $12+million wannabe. He stepped up' for other teams, even beat us, but has done NOTHING for us. The 'tub of goo' doesn't want to be here.

Thank you for putting that so succinctly. Though, I would have substituted the word "garbage" with "moronic".

I've not based anything on his expressions, only on his performance. Where'd you get that?

I have looked deeper, much deeper. 97 pitches last Sunday and 98 yesterday, for our 'workhorse', complete gamer, $12+million wannabe. He stepped up' for other teams, even beat us, but has done NOTHING for us. The 'tub of goo' doesn't want to be here.

Jerry has said the last two outing that Colon is on a limited pitch count of about 100.

Jerry has said the last two outing that Colon is on a limited pitch count of about 100.

I mentioned JM "being cautious" with Colon's arm in another thread a few days ago.

Guest Ncorgbl

No sir, Jerry said they were watching his pitch count, but nothing about '100' or any number. Colon quit last Sunday with 97.

I was trying to kill two birds with one stone. That wasn't directed towards you but towards the originator of this thread who based Colon's "laziness" on the fact that Colon kept looking towards the dugout.

I was trying to kill two birds with one stone. That wasn't directed towards you but towards the originator of this thread who based Colon's "laziness" on the fact that Colon kept looking towards the dugout.

That would be me, and once again I repeat and still believe he looked like he didn't want to be there, maybe it was a s***ty day, arm, heat , personal I don't know the circumstances, and don't need to. I don't want him traded, killed or otherwise, but he didn't seem to be battling at all, his body language showed it early on. My opinion, I'm not the only one who thought so, but I am in the minority so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But to everyone who called me a moron or worse, go f*** yourselves, we can disagree and will again. :rolleyes:

That would be me, and once again I repeat and still believe he looked like he didn't want to be there, maybe it was a s***ty day, arm, heat , personal I don't know the circumstances, and don't need to. I don't want him traded, killed or otherwise, but he didn't seem to be battling at all, his body language showed it early on. My opinion, I'm not the only one who thought so, but I am in the minority so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But to everyone who called me a moron or worse, go f*** yourselves, we can disagree and will again. :rolleyes:

You are definitely not a moron to think that. It is a totally reasonable conclusion you have come up with, people are just reacting strongly to a player they like.

Know what...Colon had a s***TY day, but he still went out and battled and gave us 5 1/3 innings. They weren't very effective, but he did his job -- gave the Sox a chance to win, and Aaron Rowand and D'Angelo Jimenez, along with the bullpen, made it happen. It was a great win for the Sox, and really said a lot about us -- that we DO have some heart and fight in us.

Jesus, lay off the guy.

You are definitely not a moron to think that.  It is a totally reasonable conclusion you have come up with, people are just reacting strongly to a player they like.

Thanks dude, we all have our favorites. Now we need build on it and destroy the Twinkies

If we could trade for Sidney Ponson or even Steve Trachsel (*GASP*) as part of a Trachsel/Alomar deal, we could shut down Colon until after the All-Star Break. That could make all the difference in the world.

He looks tired and sore-armed. He needs a rest. Better now than a month from now when he's potentially done for the year with a blown-out arm or a torn this-or-that.