Another Loss into the Abyss

klaus kinski

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay can we all admit that Greg Walker is not the best hitting coach in baseball. I could care less if he and Konerko hang out together, or if Greg is a model citizen. This low and away shutdown show has got to stop. No matter who the pitcher is, if you spot it low and away you defeat walkerball. This is beyond corpseball.

Fire him.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:16 AM)
fathom, I think you need to keep track of games or get rid of that silly signature. Ozzie's been quite good this year.

He was good the first month, outside of that A's game. He's been miserable over the last few weeks, and his s*** off the field seems to have done nothing but made us even more lifeless.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:14 AM)
If we lose with Buehrle on the mound, I'd rather it be because he pitched bad.

I luv to see Mark Buehrle in a White Sox uni for life but that stupid-ass extension they just gave for that pile of garbage called Vazquez pretty much nulled any extension for Mark. KW will lament that Vaz trade for a loooooong time cuz he inadvertently sacrificed his best lefty and Chris Young would look pretty decent in CF right now.

QUOTE(Allsox @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:21 PM)
I luv to see Mark Buehrle in a White Sox uni for life but that stupid-ass extension they just gave for that pile of garbage called Vazquez pretty much nulled any extension for Mark. KW will lament that Vaz trade for a loooooong time cuz he inadvertently sacrificed his best lefty and Chris Young would look pretty decent in CF right now.

What's your problem with Vaz? That was a good extension considering what pitchers with worse stuff and track records got this offseason. And he is a good pitcher. Plus, Erstad has out-played Young this season.....

Just saying.

At least the comedy hour known as the PFB Rongey Postgame Carnival of Special people should give everyone a few giggles. We will have the bunt lovers, who think we need to bunt more. Or the running lovers, who think that AJ should steal more. This could be fun. The worse the sox get, the goofier the calls get.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:25 AM)
What's your problem with Vaz? That was a good extension considering what pitchers with worse stuff and track records got this offseason. And he is a good pitcher. Plus, Erstad has out-played Young this season.....

Oh good grief, please tell me this is sarcasm.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:25 PM)

My understanding of what you're saying is that it is better to get a bargain on a mediocre pitcher (Javy) and let good pitcher (MB) go, than to just sign the good pitcher and realize we never really needed the mediocre pitcher.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:34 AM)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, good one!

Oh wait, you're serious?

How can anyone say with a straight face that Erstad has been better than Chris Young this year? Maybe he was looking at the hitting starts for Chris Young, the pitcher on the Padres.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:38 AM)
So Vazquez is not a good pitcher?

Nope, especially for the amount of money he's made in his career. He's never had a good season outside of Montreal, which was a great pitcher's park and he had no pressure on him.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
Oh good grief, please tell me this is sarcasm.

Yeah, maybe not the second part... I didn't realize Young was on a tear since April.

The original trade was a questionable one, but I had no problem with the deal Vazquez got in the offseason.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:39 PM)
Yeah, maybe not the second part... I didn't realize Young was on a tear since April.

The original trade was a questionable one, but I had no problem with the deal Vazquez got in the offseason.

If the contract makes it easier for the Sox to trade him back to Montreal, than count my vote in favor too. Until the Expos rejoin the league, count me out.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)
How can anyone say with a straight face that Erstad has been better than Chris Young this year? Maybe he was looking at the hitting starts for Chris Young, the pitcher on the Padres.

Their numbers are real close except for slugging percentage and, consequently, OPS. I remember Young started slowly, but he's committed two errors to Erstad's one. It's not as bad as you and a few more make it out to be.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:38 AM)
So Vazquez is not a good pitcher?

No. He may have "decent" stuff (Even that is debatable) but he has zero heart, zero brains and zero courage when he takes that mound and Don Cooper doesn't have anything in his bag of wizardry to help this Judy out.

Also, I should add, we'd still probably suck even if we had Young in CF. Maybe not in the long-term, but right now, we would still suck. Probably even more since we would have someone like Floyd pitching in Vazquez spot, and we wouldn't have had any of Erstad's key hits.

With this all being said, I don't even think Young will be anything special like everyone is making him out to be.