Cub games only prove.......

Bmr31

Brandos theory to be correct.  When the sox are mentally alrert, like in these cub games, they produce wonderful results and comebacks.

IMO, Cubs/Sox is the best rivalry. Not just because of the hatred involved, because hatred does not a good rivalry make. The reason it's the best is because the games are almost always close and they are exciting as all hell. :headbang

It's also very frustrating, because this team could do good things all the time, but they're obviously too mentally weak to approach "lesser" games with the proper intensity.

It's kinda sad that these 6 games are the most important of the season in the minds of the Sox players and management, because in MY opinion, their divisional games SHOULD be the priority in their minds.

Like Maggs tagging up from 1st to get into scoring position.

Right now, with Remlinger coming in, I'd have Jose bunt for a hit.  He, at the very least, will get Maggs over to 3rd, and if Jose is safe, we have first and third with 1 out

I would have bunted also. But I'm glad that we won anyway

It's kinda sad that these 6 games are the most important of the season in the minds of the Sox players and management, because in MY opinion, their divisional games SHOULD be the priority in their minds.

Well, you're right, but of late, the Sox have played very well against some darned good teams. We played well against the Giants (even though we lost 2 of 3), the Dodgers, the Red Sox, the Twins, and of course the Cubs.

Like Maggs tagging up from 1st to get into scoring position.

Right now, with Remlinger coming in, I'd have Jose bunt for a hit.  He, at the very least, will get Maggs over to 3rd, and if Jose is safe, we have first and third with 1 out

That was the play of the game. It changed everyone who came to bat after that approach from hitting a homer or extra basehit to a single.

The Sox have a tremendous spirit going right now. Got to keep it. The team was on the edge of the dugout. They looked like a team. Jose especially. Harris showed a ton of emotion when Rowand hit his homer. Maggs is starting to play well. He can still get really hot and carry the team. Tough game with Kerry Wood tomarrow, but these guys can pull it off if they keep hustling this way. Fun to watch them.

Well, you're right, but of late, the Sox have played very well against some darned good teams.  We played well against the Giants (even though we lost 2 of 3), the Dodgers, the Red Sox, the Twins, and of course the Cubs.

True, clu, but even when they play well, I don't see the same fire and spirit that I see against the Lovable Losers. That's what I want to see.

The team is really swinging the bats MUCH better, and Billy Koch ( dare I say it? ) seems to be turning it around too. Thank goodness that the AL Central is so weak - the Sox would be out of contention in either of the other divisions.

True, clu, but even when they play well, I don't see the same fire and spirit that I see against the Lovable Losers. That's what I want to see.

The team is really swinging the bats MUCH better, and Billy Koch ( dare I say it? ) seems to be turning it around too. Thank goodness that the AL Central is so weak - the Sox would be out of contention in either of the other divisions.

Agreed.

I hope someone realizes this. Make baseball enjoyable for all.

Doesn't it make tomorrow much easier, since we've already won bragging rights!!!! :headbang

They don't want to get their asses swept.....that's why we need to take this one game at a time.

They don't give a flying f*** about bragging rights right now. They want to get back in first. We want to get even closer to the Twinkies/Royals. Plain and simple