DJ

Joel

He is no dumbf*** today.

That kind of hit shows me something.

I think I need to give him some slack.

One wise coach once told me he told his college players, "the best way to shut people up is to produce."

D'Angelo produced as did Aaron shutting people up!

Now as far as paulie ... poor paulie.

He is no dumbf*** today.

That kind of hit shows me something.

I think I need to give him some slack.

One wise coach once told me he told his college players, "the best way to shut people up is to produce."

He had a good day.

In fact, I think it's fair to say that he had a good at-bat.

Same with Rowand.

Forgive me if I don't wipe the slate clean because of one timely hit.

He came through and helped to produce a Sox winner and that's all you can ask. I also agree that Aaron stood up and made people take notice. As far PK, it breaks your heart to see the guy struggling so badly abd know what he can do with the bat when he is on his game.

I have to give credit to DLo for his hit today, but its still FAR from making up for all his mistakes. So he won the game for us today, but theres tons of games that he lost for us.

Heres a quote from CBS:

The first person to greet Jimenez after his game-winning hit was Jose Valentin, whose ninth-inning homer Friday gave the White Sox a 4-3 win.

"I've been trying to do too much lately and I went up there trying not to do that," Jimenez said.

Yes.

He is a dumbf*** who got a game-winning hit.

But he is still a dumbf***.

he was 0-scrubs before his 9th inning at bat -

he is now 1-scrubs and a great hit it was -

we need production from all of the team and he supplied it, once today and I saw it and loved it to say the least

but he is still an arrogant little asshole with a big mouth (in other words, a dumb f***) and when he produces consistently I will be open to revising that opinion

which is not to say that I did love his at bat today :lol:

Yes.

He is a dumbf*** who got a game-winning hit.

But he is still a dumbf***.

he was 0-scrubs before his 9th inning at bat -

he is now 1-scrubs and a great hit it was -

we need production from all of the team and he supplied it, once today and I saw it and loved it to say the least

but he is still an arrogant little asshole with a big mouth (in other words, a dumb f***) and when he produces consistently I will be open to revising that opinion

which is not to say that I did love his at bat today :lol:

You can think a guy is a dumbf*** that is actually a very good player. You probably think David Wells is a dumbf***, and I personally feel that Jason Giambi is a dumbf***. Both are good players.

Truly. And I agree. He pulled a Soso when they walked the bases loaded to get to him. A damn shame he couldn't even get a duck-snort to boost his confidence.

No doubt!!! The saddest thing about Konerko is that, I think he's trying too hard to park one instead of just letting the pitches come to him. He's swinging for the fences, and instead is getting pop-ups to the infielders. If he just lets things come naturally, like he did in the first half of last season, he will improve and get out of his rut.

I dont know his bat speed and pitch recognition both look so terrible.  He looks at all the strikes and then fouls off a few cookies before popping up or striking out.  What happened to Paulie between March 2003 and April 2003.  It just boggles the mind.

See: 2002 Home Run Derby

More than people are willing to admit, I think that had something to do with it. It took something off his swing.

Jiminez played 6 weeks of good baseball .... opening day through May 12th. (Shades of Kenny Lofton) Since then, he's below the Mendoza line and sucking in the field. So, I'll give you this much: The dumbf*** had a great hit yesterday.

Paulie gave us 2.5 years of good baseball. I'll hang in there with him much longer than I will for DJ.

I dont feel sorry for Konerko. Not at all. He called out Frank and now karmas returning the favor. If Frank called PK out on his poor play, Id laugh. But I also hope he wont do that. Frank has so much more class than Kong...

Frank's not pissed at Konerko, why should you be?