Zambrano is nuts!!

dagotony06

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody see the postgame with Lou when he lost it at the end?

Talking about just get him some damn players who can catch a ball and run bases? When you see this kind of disintegration somehow our Sox problems, bad as they are, seem minor.

I feel bad for Pinella, I really do. Taking that gig is like taking the Captain gig of the Titanic.

Don't you think he was speaking specifically about Barett who made a baserunning blunder either in this game or last game and then couldn't catch a pitch from Zambrano and proceeds to throw the ball into left field? I think he was and he was almost excusing Zambrano for his behavior or giving Zambrano an excuse as to why it happened.

Can you imagine if this happened on the White Sox? Everyone here would be saying Ozzie has lost the team, he needs to go, blah blah blah. I can't imagine what would be going on if this happened with the White Sox, but most on here would be calling for Ozzie's head. On the other hand, it happens to our cross town rivals and most here "feel sorry for" Lou Pinella. Very strange.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 11:08 PM)
Don't you think he was speaking specifically about Barett who made a baserunning blunder either in this game or last game and then couldn't catch a pitch from Zambrano and proceeds to throw the ball into left field? I think he was and he was almost excusing Zambrano for his behavior or giving Zambrano an excuse as to why it happened.

Can you imagine if this happened on the White Sox? Everyone here would be saying Ozzie has lost the team, he needs to go, blah blah blah. I can't imagine what would be going on if this happened with the White Sox, but most on here would be calling for Ozzie's head. On the other hand, it happens to our cross town rivals and most here "feel sorry for" Lou Pinella. Very strange.

Considering there were about 6 misplayed balls by Cubs players in today's game alone I don't think he was speaking of any one player specifically. After watching the Murton/Jones/Soriano suck train today I don't see how you can infer such things from Lou's post game comments. It sounded like he was just pissed off after watching a group of mediocre players wearing blue pin stripes boot balls all around Wrigley for 3 hours.

And define "most". Is most the 3 or so posters who said they felt sorry for him? Kind of a small sample size don't you think?

I love it

Just as I figured, Carlos Fatbozo is all bark and no bite. That's the worst bit of 'fighting' I've ever seen. Did he even make a fist ?...or did he plan to continue slapping and clawing at Barret?

Not only do I never want to see that P.O.S in a Sox uni., I don't want him throwing against us either. That MF'r is exactly the kind of dick who will throw at someone's head and end a career.....but I guess it's cuz he's so passionate and sometimes kinda nutty, right? Pfft.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:27 AM)
I love it

Just as I figured, Carlos Fatbozo is all bark and no bite. That's the worst bit of 'fighting' I've ever seen. Did he even make a fist ?...or did he plan to continue slapping and clawing at Barret?

Not only do I never want to see that P.O.S in a Sox uni., I don't want him throwing against us either. That MF'r is exactly the kind of dick who will throw at someone's head and end a career.....but I guess it's cuz he's so passionate and sometimes kinda nutty, right? Pfft.

The Mourning-LJ fight from way back when still takes that honor, imo.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:27 AM)
I love it

He f***ed Barret up in the clubhouse. I'm sure Zambrano can fight. A lot of guys will push or throw an open hand at first, especially in such close proximity before they start to throw punches.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Considering there were about 6 misplayed balls by Cubs players in today's game alone I don't think he was speaking of any one player specifically. After watching the Murton/Jones/Soriano suck train today I don't see how you can infer such things from Lou's post game comments. It sounded like he was just pissed off after watching a group of mediocre players wearing blue pin stripes boot balls all around Wrigley for 3 hours.

And define "most". Is most the 3 or so posters who said they felt sorry for him? Kind of a small sample size don't you think?

How many of those same players did both a base running mistake and did not catch a ball in yesterday's game. Barrett is the only one I can think of, but you may have watched more of the game than I did.

I should have made myself more clear. If this was Ozzie most here, in the media, and other places would be calling for Ozzie's head and stating that he lost the clubhouse. They would want this entire coaching staff gone including the GM - which a lot - if not most - on this board are calling for already. This is not the case with Pinella and there seems to be no reason for that. Cubs fans are sheep, I will grant you that, but there is not a more "sky is falling" type of attitude than that of the majority of Sox fans and it drives me nuts. I love my team but I can't stand the majority of the so called "die-hard" fans that we have. There always seems to be wrong with something on this team or in the organization that the majority of our fans just can't let go. It is always the negative first. That attitude freaking sucks. Just look at a lot of these posters - enjoy the last 2 months of Buehrle - no chance in re-signing him. These same fans have no knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes and just want to think about the worst. Plus who cares about players we lost and are now on other teams? F-U-C-K EM! Root for the players on your favorite team - cheer for them to do good and forget about the lost players. Most of the players we lost suck as anyway. Very few have turned out to be anything at all, but yet some can't let them go.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 10:34 AM)
He also has at least 1 black eye, another report says 2. Considering he chased after Zambrano, it doesn't appear he fared very well.

haha, well so much for him being a 'tough guy'. i guess he's only good for a lucky sucker punch.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 10:53 AM)
haha, well so much for him being a 'tough guy'. i guess he's only good for a lucky sucker punch.

I'd be willing to bet he came up from behind Zambrano in the clubhouse "to talk" and held him with one arm while sucker punching him with the other. Zambrano probably then proceded to kick the little punk's ass.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 03:45 PM)
There always seems to be wrong with something on this team or in the organization that the majority of our fans just can't let go. It is always the negative first. That attitude freaking sucks. Just look at a lot of these posters - enjoy the last 2 months of Buehrle - no chance in re-signing him. These same fans have no knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes and just want to think about the worst.

Or maybe just some of us know how JR feels about signing pitcher to long-term contracts and what Buehrle's value is going to be on the open market.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 10:56 AM)
I'm pretty sure they can stitch you up at the park.

barrett does seem like a total baby, but i doubt that even he would go to the hospital for a simple bloody lip.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 10:45 AM)
There always seems to be wrong with something on this team or in the organization that the majority of our fans just can't let go. It is always the negative first. That attitude freaking sucks.

i agree, just look at a game thread when the team is losing. way too much b****ing and hate towards the team.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 08:41 AM)
He f***ed Barret up in the clubhouse. I'm sure Zambrano can fight. A lot of guys will push or throw an open hand at first, especially in such close proximity before they start to throw punches.

I've read all the reports on the clubhouse fight too and I can't comment on what I didn't see. I can only comment on what I saw.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 11:08 PM)

I see what you're saying about Ozzie, although I'm not one who's been bashing him this season or last.

I meant that Pinella seems like a genuine guy, a dude, and geez how it must suck to have to be the manager of the Cubs. Yeah, he took the gig, but I'm sure they promised him a new beginning, what with the $300M payroll and Soriano and a rehabilitated Wood/Prior, etc. Yeah, I think he'll be gone after this year too (why not go back to the easy ESPN gig).

That's a good point though: he's not pitching. He's not dropping fly balls or allowing passed balls behind the plate. There's only so much a manager can do. He can tinker with the lineup or try and motivate his guys but after a certain point it's up to them.

So yes, I will keep that in perspective when we talk about the Sox. Good point.

But what a mess on the North Side. Of course it's fun to see the Cubs flailing, but this is just UGLY.