Zambrano is nuts!!

dagotony06

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)
If a starter like Verlander can throw 98 consistently, good for them, but I think velocity is kind of overrated for a starter. Locate, change speeds, get guys out.

It takes 1 pitch to get a ground out or fly out and 3 pitches to get a strike out.

^^, and it's something Z does more often than not. Any team would love to have him.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 03:30 PM)
Preach on...I may think he's a dick on the field, but he also cares about the game and I think that passion (while it can cause incidents like today's) is something that you can't teach and it truly is an asset.

He's a dick off the field, too. But like you said it doesn't matter. Show me production between the lines and I'm happy to send in my $$. I wish our guys had a bit more of a chip on their shoulders.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 03:32 PM)
^^, and it's something Z does more often than not. Any team would love to have him.

He's a dick off the field, too. But like you said it doesn't matter. Show me production between the lines and I'm happy to send in my $$. I wish our guys had a bit more of a chip on their shoulders.

Exactly this can be turned into a positive if it brings out a better effort. Guillen is the kind of guy that can get through to Zambrano.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 03:35 PM)
Exactly this can be turned into a positive if it brings out a better effort. Guillen is the kind of guy that can get through to Zambrano.

Guillen can't get through to the players he has now.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:32 PM)

I think we need more guys like him and more athletes as well (same starting rotation) and we have a winner. The team isn't far away, problem is the moves that would have to be made are relatively ballsy ones and I don't know if Kenny will be able to find teams willing to make those type of trades at this point in the season.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 03:47 PM)
They just showed it again on WGN, and after the incident, it looks like they might have went at it again in the clubhouse.

they totally did, Lee rushed back there, Rich Hill came out and got Lou. That team is a mess.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 03:56 PM)
They'll move Zambrano I think. They won't get what they would have got in the offseason, but they could still get something good for him. I'm sure Omar Minaya is on the phone right now.

KW should be on the phone right now. We could then swing someone for a bat.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
they totally did, Lee rushed back there, Rich Hill came out and got Lou. That team is a mess.

Zambrano really must be an idiot if he went after Barrett again in the clubhouse. The guy is a free agent, and he is gonna risk getting hurt in fight, and possibly jeopardizing his career. What a f***in moron. I wouldn't want this guy on my team never. He is a f***in nut!!

ever since I was young, and people would talk about "team chemistry" my dad pointed to the early 70's A's and said if the team is winning anything passes if the team loses the team either hates each other or they show no signs of life, and I've always bought that

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 02:56 PM)
They'll move Zambrano I think. They won't get what they would have got in the offseason, but they could still get something good for him. I'm sure Omar Minaya is on the phone right now.

Trying to get the real Zambrano this time?

Paul Sullivan did a hack job piece on how the Sox might be tired of AJ's act and quoted Buehrle's tounge in cheek comments as serious material.

I'm betting he's going to dance around this story and make at least one reference to Buehrle hating AJ.

Zambrano is a total tool, but I think Barrett is more a distraction in the clubhouse.

Oh yeah, Zambrano is nowhere near Johan Santana's league, and he's not a "proven ace."

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 03:56 PM)

Hopefully someone from the Sox front office is on their way over to s***tyville to give Z a ride over to the south side.

After the initial altercation, Zambrano was shown walking tothe clubhouse and Barrett remained in the dugout. If they went at it again in the locker room, Barrett went down there to either start something again or apologize and settle him down. Who knows.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
Zambrano sucks this year and has never been good in AL parks. I'll pass.

Yeah, let's continue to truck Vazquez out there every 5th day. I feel comfortable with that.