Zambrano is nuts!!

dagotony06

Zambrano must be dumber than I thought. Why would you risk a possible injury in your free agent year, that's just assinine to me. He could have broken his hand, or suffered any freak kind of injuries that happen when you get into a fight. It's just crazy to me. This guy really has problems. His stuff is declining this year, and I think he knows it, and he knows that he isn't gonna get as big of a contract as he might have in the past. Oh well, it couldn't have happened to two better people.

Edited by diegotony06

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think Zambrano is a good pitcher, but those of you who are saying you'd trade any of our pitches for Big Z are out of your damn minds. The process took a lot longer for Big Z,but the Larry Rothschild rule of young pitcher collapse is finally happening to him as it has to so many others. He's thrown about a million innings, his stuff is dying, he is very expensive....no thanks. This ain't 2004 or 2005 Zambrano.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Other than off the field illegal acts there is nothing more embarassing and disgraceful to an organization than having your employees use violence against each other.The Cubs are a pitiful organization and it has nothing to do with the damn curse.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 11:37 PM)
Oh, and the "intensity" thing is a crock of s***. Do I want my players to show intensity? Yes, of course. However, maybe it's just me, but "intensity" isn't showing up your catcher in plain sight, then proceeding to take the first swipe at him. Thats being a douche. If you want to do that, fine, do it in the clubhouse(which apparently they did) but don't do it in front of the cameras, thats just dumb. Sorry, but fighting with your own teammate is not being "intense", it's being an hothead.

In all fairness, Barrett acted like a dick in this, too. I know Zambrano made the first move in the dugout, but Barrett pointing to the scoreboard was stupid as s***. And then to go into the clubhouse to try and take on Zambrano was dumb, too. Both of them acted in very poor judgement, that's for sure.

I also hate Michael Barrett. From last year's suckerpunch to this episode, he just comes off as a b**** in both occurances.

That being said, I wouldn't throw money at Zambrano this winter. Pitching isn't the Sox' problem, even if they aren't able to resign Buehrle. Sure, we don't have a pitcher with the potential of a healthy (I say healthy because there's good evidence suggesting Zambrano is throwing from a lower arm slot which is a warning sign of a hurt pitcher) Zambrano, but you have to figure that at least two of Broadway/Haeger/Russell/Gonzalez/DLS/Egbert will make an impact as big league starters, that to go along with what the Sox already have. As I'm sure everyone knows, however, the Sox need some position good position players.

After watching this a couple of times I noticed a couple things.It looks like Barrett actually started going towards Zambrano in an agressive lunge a split second before Z went towards him.And also Zambrano hocked a huge spit at him when everyone was breaking it up.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 06:37 PM)
If any pitcher was putting up the numbers Zambrano was for the Sox, there would be cries to send that pitcher to AAA.

Exactly, and he'd be our worst starting pitcher by a pretty wide margin right now. Unless his fastball goes back to 97 from it's current 92, he'll continue to struggle too. Larry Rothschild catches up to everybody one day, and 2007 is Big Z's turn. It's fair to say the drop in velocity and arm slot this year might means he's hurt though, and he's hiding it because it's a FA year, but either way, the innings and pitches have got to him.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
Anyone else hear rumors that Zambrano went apes*** in the clubhouse and tore it apart? I bet Barrett will be the scapegoat, and he'll be traded this wknd.

A friend of mine heard he gave Barrett quite the beating in the clubhouse. Think he heard it on the radio earlier.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 06:37 PM)
The Zambrano love on this board, especially this year, has always confused me. I could understand it somewhat in years past based on the numbers he has put up, but after the s*** start he has had this season, I don't understand the "I would take Zambrano over ANY of the Sox starters"

If any pitcher was putting up the numbers Zambrano was for the Sox, there would be cries to send that pitcher to AAA.

Oh, and the "intensity" thing is a crock of s***. Do I want my players to show intensity? Yes, of course. However, maybe it's just me, but "intensity" isn't showing up your catcher in plain sight, then proceeding to take the first swipe at him. Thats being a douche. If you want to do that, fine, do it in the clubhouse(which apparently they did) but don't do it in front of the cameras, thats just dumb. Sorry, but fighting with your own teammate is not being "intense", it's being an hothead.

Couldn't have put it better myself!!

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 09:41 PM)
prof_scrubs_jd.jpg

"Carlos is Crazy."

Who the hell...put bouillon cubes in the shower head!?! Huh? Hm, did you do it? Hm? Did you? If it happens again, I will wait in my S.U.V., blast me some speed-metal -- 5.1 surround sound, heavy on the bass -- and someone...will be getting...mowed...down.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
$50 says Barrett went down to talk more s***.

Well from the flubs' board:

According to ESPN 1000, a reliable source said that Barrett went to the clubhouse to bury the hatchet and Z replied FU and popped him.

They weren't sure how valid the story was but said their source was pretty reliable.

Also funny from the board:

If that turns out to be true, then Z has to be given MAJOR discipline. I think Barrett might also have grounds for a lawsuit against Z personally, if he chooses to pursue it. This action by Z I would consider completely unforgiveable.

Barrett, with his eyes closed, sucker punches AJ for the wrong reason and he's a badass tough guy, now one year later he gets a bloody lip and should file a lawsuit.

LMAO!!! Dumbest sheep in baseball.

Anybody see the postgame with Lou when he lost it at the end?

Talking about just get him some damn players who can catch a ball and run bases? When you see this kind of disintegration somehow our Sox problems, bad as they are, seem minor.

I feel bad for Pinella, I really do. Taking that gig is like taking the Captain gig of the Titanic.

Buster Olney was on BBTN and said Piniella told Zambrano to go take a shower, and told Barrett to stay on the bench. He said Zambrano went into the tunnel and was screaming and yelling at Barrett calling him out to finish what they started in the dugout. He said Barrett went into the tunnel, cause he wanted to see why Zambrano was so pissed, and things escalated and that Barrett took the worst of of it. He said some heavy punches were thrown, and that Barrett got knocked up against some lockers, and split his lip and may have a black eye. He also said that things have been brewing amongst the Cubs players about the way Piniella has been calling them out in the media, saying it's their fault that they are losing and criticizing their play to the media. I just think that team is really f***ed up right now, and it makes whatever problems the Sox are going through pale in comparison.I don't like either player at all, Barrett is a b**** and so is Zambrano. But Zambrano is just nuts. There is no way these two can co exist on the same team. I'm curious to see how this plays out.

Edited by diegotony06

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After the initial altercation, Zambrano was shown walking tothe clubhouse and Barrett remained in the dugout. If they went at it again in the locker room, Barrett went down there to either start something again or apologize and settle him down. Who knows.

Yeah, let's continue to truck Vazquez out there every 5th day. I feel comfortable with that.

Say, how did Javy do tonight? Better than Zambrano I take it?

I will admit this type of thing reminds me that Ozzie isn't ALL bad. He does keep the clubhouse in check, which isn't as easy to do as I guess many would think when you consider somebody with a resume like Lou Pinella can't do it.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
I feel bad for Pinella, I really do. Taking that gig is like taking the Captain gig of the Titanic.

That's why I DO NOT feel bad for him. Anybody that chooses to go to the Cubs deserves every ounce of pain they get for making such a horrid error.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 06:48 PM)
In all fairness, Barrett acted like a dick in this, too. I know Zambrano made the first move in the dugout, but Barrett pointing to the scoreboard was stupid as s***. And then to go into the clubhouse to try and take on Zambrano was dumb, too.

Actually, Barrett walked toward Zambrano. After Barrett suckerpunched A.J., he claimed it was because A.J. started walking toward him. So using Barrett's standards, Zambrano was totally justified for taking a swing at him.

And Barrett was totally at fault for going into the clubhouse to confront Zambrano a second time. I'll bet he tried to sucker punch him and Z kicked the crap out of him. Kudos to Zambrano for that.

QUOTE(diegotony06 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
Not me I'll pass. His velocity is way down, and he is just too f***ing emotional. He's got something wrong with him both physically and mentally if you ask me.

I agree, I don't get the love fest with this guy. Heck, he's never won more then 16 games in a season. At least Zito has a Cy Young Award to his credit.

He's a distraction.

Bob

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 10:03 PM)
Actually, Barrett walked toward Zambrano. After Barrett suckerpunched A.J., he claimed it was because A.J. started walking toward him. So using Barrett's standards, Zambrano was totally justified for taking a swing at him.

And Barrett was totally at fault for going into the clubhouse to confront Zambrano a second time. I'll bet he tried to sucker punch him and Z kicked the crap out of him. Kudos to Zambrano for that.

Too bad Pods wasn't there to knock Barrett on his ass again! :chair