DBAHO

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:30 PM)
Why not pitch carefully to Hill there, who hits lefties well? Lind was on deck, and he's horrific against LHP. They also had just used their only real weapon on the bench.

So now we are pitching around Aaron Hill? Come on man, our bullpen sucks and it's all Kenny's fault. No matter what we do this pen is going to lose us just about every close game. A lot of things have been Ozzie's fault the last few years but this is not one of them.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:29 PM)
Exactly. So who's to blame for that? Kenny Williams. Not to mention this offense IS STILL anemic.

Ozzie however also needs to be blamed, he has still made plenty of questionable calls in April til mid May.

blame KW or Cooper for the pen. what is ozzie supposed to do? they all suck?

i guess he could have position players pitch, which has been mentioned here.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)
the pen can't get anyone out. i know in your world "everything is ozzies fault". but come on.

Well, Ozzie is the one making the moves out there. s***ty bullpen or not, when he makes a move and it costs us a game, he's going to get the blame as well as the reliever.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)
I hate our f***ing bullpen. Blow it up.

Don't you just love the contrast between how we are hitting other team's bullpens vs. how they are hitting ours?

Edited by vandy125

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 07:31 PM)
cubs tied it in the 7th, gave a run back to atlanta in the 8th, and then in the bottom of hte eighth pagan doubled, and then was thrown out at 3rd with nobody out trying to get to 3rd on a ball that skipped away from salty....it was a close play, but pinella went nuts, and kicked a whole bunch of dirt on the 3rd base umpire and kicked his hat a few times....it was pretty funny though i woulda laughed harder had we not just given up a 3 spot

What game r u watching

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 07:31 PM)
So now we are pitching around Aaron Hill? Come on man, our bullpen sucks and it's all Kenny's fault. No matter what we do this pen is going to lose us just about every close game. A lot of things have been Ozzie's fault the last few years but this is not one of them.

It's not Ozzie's call to pitch around someone....it's Thornton and Hall who should be smart enough to know the situation.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 01:28 PM)
No clue I just flipped over during the break

First their bullpen pulled a MacDougal....sCrUBS down 1 in the 8th...Pagan leadoff double then immediately gets picked off trying to steal 3rd, lol....

Chicago baseball...gotta love it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
It's not Ozzie's call to pitch around someone....it's Thornton and Hall who should be smart enough to know the situation.

My point is it does not matter, our bullpen and our 0 for 47 against the other bullpen is going to lose us the game eventually anyways. The personnel we have sucks and is why we are losing, and that is on the guy that assembled it. Last year was the manager, this year is the GM.

That could be the worst strategy play I've seen all year. Giving up a free out against the worst bullpen in baseball? Pathetic.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)
First their bullpen pulled a MacDougal....sCrUBS down 1 in the 8th...Pagan leadoff double then immediately gets picked off trying to steal 3rd, lol....

Chicago baseball...gotta love it.

Thats why I have the sig that I have

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:32 PM)
Well, Ozzie is the one making the moves out there. s***ty bullpen or not, when he makes a move and it costs us a game, he's going to get the blame as well as the reliever.

well in all fairness to ozz, he has nothing to work with out of the pen. i don't care what manager you have on the sox bench, these relievers would still be giving up big time runs.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
Perhaps a better question than "Why did Ozzie bring in McDougal" is "Why is McDougal still on the roster?"

Because Day doesn't belong on a major league roster, and Masset's best role might be as a starter.

Which means you want to bring up Oneli Perez or Ryan Bukvich and eat MacDougal's contract? You don't just give up on guys with that type of stuff without trying to figure out what's wrong first.