Our Hitting

JohnCangelosi

I've been saying forever it seems that our hitting is going to turn around. Guys like Konerko, Dye, Crede, Iguchi, etc are going to turn it around- their career stats should tell us this...

The foundation of our offensive team is still there- the same team that was consistently good in the major offensive stats in the American League.

Now, after two months, I have no other choice but to come to the realization that we're just NOT that good offensively? I know our outfield was questionable to start the season, and it has gotten worse with Pods and now Erstad out...

Anyway, I guess I find it hard to believe we're going to be THIS BAD offensively all year, even though it may even be too late at this point to turn it around.

I guess I am asking if this is really our offensive club or are we going through a prolonged slump like Cleveland did last year to start things off? I dont know what to believe anymore...

Thoughts?

We will heat up and hit soon. It is too late though in my opinion to win the division. Cleveland is just too good even though their pitchers suck. Detroit is better than Cleveland though. They just haven't hit their stride yet. I think the Tigers will overtake the Indians and win the division. They have much better starting pitching. When's Kenny Rogers due back?

A couple of days ago, Dusty Baker was asked on Baseball Tonight what his Bold Prediction was for the month of June was. He said at the end of June the Sox would be 1 game out of 1st :o

He said the bats would finally come alive.

If Dusty says that, then I still have hope :chair :lolhitting

QUOTE(Hanky Panky @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 07:30 AM)
We will heat up and hit soon. It is too late though in my opinion to win the division. Cleveland is just too good even though their pitchers suck. Detroit is better than Cleveland though. They just haven't hit their stride yet. I think the Tigers will overtake the Indians and win the division. They have much better starting pitching. When's Kenny Rogers due back?
The Tigers? No way. There is one team in the MLB that has more Blown Saves than the Sox, the Tigers.

Dusty Baker should be the Sox manager. I am so excited to hear him say that about this offense I can hardly hold it inside.

Well, Dusty Baker aside, we do have great offensive potential. If they ever get there do-do in a group we will be winning again.

We have an offense that is capable of scoring 10 runs on any given day, and they will do that as the season goes on. However, mixed in with those outbursts wll be 3 straight games where they struggle to score 10 runs over 3 games.

It's an offense that needs to hit HR's because they can't manufacture runs on a consistent basis. When they hit HR's, they will score lots of runs. When they don't, we'll get a lot of those 2 or 3 run days.

QUOTE(Hanky Panky @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 06:30 AM)

Isn't that what people have been saying for the past two months?

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 11:50 AM)
Isn't that what people have been saying for the past two months?

The reality is that we had a few guys with career offensive highs for one half of the 06 season. Outside of that, since July06 we've sucked on both sides of the ball, in 2005 we had mediocre offense with incredible pitching, prior to 2005 same mediocre offense with avg pitching.

I'm coming to grips with the fact that we had one magic season with mediocre offense, ultra solid starting pitching with automatic shutdowns from Cliff and Dustin, and a bunch of great breaks in the playoffs (AJ's drop 3rd, Dye's HBP, Graffanino's through the legs).

Outside of Apr-Oct2005 this team has never had the real makings of a sustained contender

Top 8 down 3-4, haven't scored since the third and won't again in the next 30mins, lock.....