White Sox vs. Blue Jays, 6/03/07 (L)

BearSox

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 02:47 PM)
How about some predictions for this inning?

- Thome vs Downs: 3-2 fastball taken for a strike....Thome starts jogging to first

- Dye vs righty: gets up 3-1 in count, chases ball 4, and then pops up to center

- Konerko pops up 2nd pitch, does suicide shrug.

You're way off. Thome swings and misses strike 3.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
No, he faced Tampa, and he was good.

Correct, he pitched a scoreless inning, struck out a couple guys, and had a walk. I remember it because I was there, it finished off a sweep and was right after the 4th of July.

0 for 59

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
Correct, he pitched a scoreless inning, struck out a couple guys, and had a walk. I remember it because I was there, it finished off a sweep and was right after the 4th of July.

0 for 59

the good ole days

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
CURRENT UP TO DATE STATS FOR THE BULLPEN THIS ROAD TRIP!!!!!

14.2 IP

24 Hits

15 Runs

15 ER

10 Walks

80 Batters Faced

.343 Opponents BA

.425 Opponents OBP

GO BULLPEN!!!

If the Sox lose today, they will be 1-6 on the roadtrip, and will have had the lead in all but 1 game. It is amazing to me the lack of action with the bullpen.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 07:50 PM)
If the Sox lose today, they will be 1-6 on the roadtrip, and will have had the lead in all but 1 game. It is amazing to me the lack of action with the bullpen.

It's amazing to me that no one has lost their job so far this year. This team is bad, and sucks in virtually every aspect possible. I bet the Yankees are going to be scared of facing Day, Prinz, and Buckvich this week.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone think we might have to consider making Thome a platoon hitter in the next few years? He's a freaking joke against southpaws now.

No. The Sox couldn't find a spot for a guy like Perez anyways. We need more grinding OF's.

Like I mentioned before, Vladimir Guerrero was a freaking joke against RHP last year and only hit LHP, but I don't recall any Angel fans calling for a platoon.

However the Sox could've pinched hit for Thome right there even though he had a .300 BA and .364 OBP against Downs.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
CURRENT UP TO DATE STATS FOR THE BULLPEN THIS ROAD TRIP!!!!!

14.2 IP

24 Hits

15 Runs

15 ER

10 Walks

80 Batters Faced

.343 Opponents BA

.425 Opponents OBP

GO BULLPEN!!!

Wow...thats pretty bad....but it seems like its been even worse. I could have sworn that opponents were batting at least .500 against our pen.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)
It's amazing to me that no one has lost their job so far this year. This team is bad, and sucks in virtually every aspect possible. I bet the Yankees are going to be scared of facing Day, Prinz, and Buckvich this week.

Its ego. We have a couple of guys with huge egos making roster decisions, and they have a hard time admitting they were as wrong as you can be.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 07:51 PM)
No. The Sox couldn't find a spot for a guy like Perez anyways. We need more grinding OF's.

Perez would have been such a perfect addition to this team to give Thome a rest against southpaws every once in a while. I don't care how Thome does it....but he needs to start contributing against LHP.