They say Baseball is mostly mental

joejoesox

i'm a new member, this is my first post

just an observation i've made about the struggles of our pen the last few weeks, and coming into this series

the book is out on our pen, in terms of the teams that we're playing

as far as the mind set of the opposing hitters, when we bring in our pen, it has to put their confidence level up to another level knowing how badly our pen is performing, which could then perhaps give them an even better chance to hit and score runs off of us

just something i've been thinking about lately. our pen's lack of any good pitching sans jenks and thornton (and some could argue masset), is probably having a two-fold counter-effect on us. they're obviously not hitting their spots and walking too many guys, but it's also probably helping the mental approach of the opposing hitters as well

anyway, i like the board (i generally post on the ESPN forums, which are garbage to be honest). it looks like it has a nice established list of members, and generally always has a hot thread with activity in it :)

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 12:30 PM)
i'm a new member, this is my first post

just an observation i've made about the struggles of our pen the last few weeks, and coming into this series

the book is out on our pen, in terms of the teams that we're playing

as far as the mind set of the opposing hitters, when we bring in our pen, it has to put their confidence level up to another level knowing how badly our pen is performing, which could then perhaps give them an even better chance to hit and score runs off of us

just something i've been thinking about lately. our pen's lack of any good pitching sans jenks and thornton (and some could argue masset), is probably having a two-fold counter-effect on us. they're obviously not hitting their spots and walking too many guys, but it's also probably helping the mental approach of the opposing hitters as well

anyway, i like the board (i generally post on the ESPN forums, which are garbage to be honest). it looks like it has a nice established list of members, and generally always has a hot thread with activity in it :)

Losing is a disease ...as contagious as polio... ...as contagious as syphilis... ...as contagious as the bubonic plague... ...attacking one, but infecting all.