New Time Saving Idea!!

stretchstretch

afer we score our 3 run limit by the 4th inning, let the opponent bat their remaining 5 times all at once until they get 15 outs, that way we can see if the relief can hold the two run lead, and skip our own five innings of men LOB..... all under an hour.......leaves plenty of time for fans to be productive and not waste an entire afternoon/evening

QUOTE(stretchstretch @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 02:28 PM)
afer we score our 3 run limit by the 4th inning, let the opponent bat their remaining 5 times all at once until they get 15 outs, that way we can see if the relief can hold the two run lead, and skip our own five innings of men LOB..... all under an hour.......leaves plenty of time for fans to be productive and not waste an entire afternoon/evening

Or the opposing team could take out their starter after one pitcher and throw consecutive no-hitters with the relievers.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 02:37 PM)
I could save you some time too! Turn in your White Sox fan card, and you don't have to waste anymore time at all on this team! Quick, easy, AND painless!

And the bathroom lines would be much faster. I like it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 02:37 PM)
I could save you some time too! Turn in your White Sox fan card, and you don't have to waste anymore time at all on this team! Quick, easy, AND painless!

I'll get my previous season ticket holder seats back! I think this is a great plan.

If the sox keep playing like this you will be able to get very good season tickets next year...last two games I have been to have had about five minutes worth of suspense and "positive" play... it is time to start pulling out more mock cheers, (ie any time someone gets to second base we should have a standing O)

Having an old team with injury histories has finally caught up to the sox, having no position player talent in the minors makes things worse. I don't see the sox signing any of their free agents and I think if Crede comes off the DL and has a good two weeks they dump him also. If they don't keep Iguchi, the only positions next year where we will have decent players at is 1B/DH/C, our bench pretty much sucks since pablo got hurt also.

I know I am being very negative but I was counting on a bit of a run in June to get back into this and instead we fell 5 games further back. I don't see Jerry R. keeping a $100mm payroll and an aging team of high-paid players. The shame is that the season ticket fan base will evaporate and we will be right back where we were pre-2005, $75-$80mm payroll, a few bonafide players surrounded by youth, and every year hoping that we can get on a roll and then buy some players (Robbie Alomar, Carl Everett) at the all star break.

Hopefully the sox don't go the route of firesale or not resigning their free agents to save dollars as I think it is important to try to retain the positive momentum with the fan base. I may just start rewatching the WS DVD instead of getting frustrated watching the current edition.

QUOTE(chiguy79 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:49 PM)
If the sox keep playing like this you will be able to get very good season tickets next year...last two games I have been to have had about five minutes worth of suspense and "positive" play... it is time to start pulling out more mock cheers, (ie any time someone gets to second base we should have a standing O)

Having an old team with injury histories has finally caught up to the sox, having no position player talent in the minors makes things worse. I don't see the sox signing any of their free agents and I think if Crede comes off the DL and has a good two weeks they dump him also. If they don't keep Iguchi, the only positions next year where we will have decent players at is 1B/DH/C, our bench pretty much sucks since pablo got hurt also.

I know I am being very negative but I was counting on a bit of a run in June to get back into this and instead we fell 5 games further back. I don't see Jerry R. keeping a $100mm payroll and an aging team of high-paid players. The shame is that the season ticket fan base will evaporate and we will be right back where we were pre-2005, $75-$80mm payroll, a few bonafide players surrounded by youth, and every year hoping that we can get on a roll and then buy some players (Robbie Alomar, Carl Everett) at the all star break.

Hopefully the sox don't go the route of firesale or not resigning their free agents to save dollars as I think it is important to try to retain the positive momentum with the fan base. I may just start rewatching the WS DVD instead of getting frustrated watching the current edition.

[holding half of Soxtalk back]

Doooooonnnnn't dooooo iiiitt.

[/holding half of Soxtalk back]

Ah, what the hell, go to it!