Some good news

stretchstretch

Since we're playing the highest paid, lowest performing AL team, which still gets more FOX and ESPN tv time than any other tomorrow, we get to tag along on their 3rd day of ESPN HD coverage in 4 days.

Will this be a chance to showcase our 3 runs of offense through 4 innings, zero through 9 and giving up 5 in the eighth or a way to break out of this mess???

The worst thing for the Sox right now is this stretch against sub500 teams, they need a Boston or Cleveland to absolutely kick their teeth in to raise whatever shred of pride these millionaires have left, or God-forbid put some fire in our lineup!!

i hope tomorrow while we're playing, dye gets mysteriously taken out in the 3rd, and then we get word he, along with broadway and fields, have been traded to the rays for crawford.

if only crawford could come out of the bullpen....

Edited by briguy27

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 04:08 PM)
i hope tomorrow while we're playing, dye gets mysteriously taken out in the 3rd, and then we get word he, along with broadway and fields, have been traded to the rays for crawford.

WHY WOULD THE RAYS DO THAT?

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 04:08 PM)

Enough with the asinine trade speculation. If I have to read Dye and Crawford in the same sentence again I'm going to lose it.

New rule, if you have no idea how the trade market works, have absolutely no clue what a players value is or can't comprehend the fact that some teams have no use for certain old, expensive soon to be free agent players then you are not allowed to make up trade proposals.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
why the hell do we want Crawford?

It probably has something to do with him being young, good and he fills a glaring need (mainly the need for a good, young player). Plus he's perpetually available since the D-Rays have 7 outfielders as is (even though he's probably not available at all and never has been).

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 03:21 PM)
It probably has something to do with him being young, good and he fills a glaring need (mainly the need for a good, young player). Plus he's perpetually available since the D-Rays have 7 outfielders as is (even though he's probably not available at all and never has been).

is he worth Dye, Fields, and Broadway as was posited?

How about delmon young and carl crawford for macdougal, ozuna, and podsednik? Sounds good to me. Macdougal has got some wicked stuff and tampa can fix his problems E-Z. Ozuna bats like .340 perennially. Podsednik can steal more bases than crawford per healthy season when he is healthy.

Who is the GM now, mother f***ers?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 04:13 PM)
Enough with the asinine trade speculation. If I have to read Dye and Crawford in the same sentence again I'm going to lose it.

New rule, if you have no idea how the trade market works, have absolutely no clue what a players value is or can't comprehend the fact that some teams have no use for certain old, expensive soon to be free agent players then you are not allowed to make up trade proposals.

Remember all of those rants about "this is a message board" when people complained about all of the concentration on negative stuff... this is soooo karma's payback.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember all of those rants about "this is a message board" when people complained about all of the concentration on negative stuff... this is soooo karma's payback.

So those that don't want negative stuff have to deal with crazy ass nonsensical trade proposals/speculations? Come on - there has to be a happy medium here. Common sense must rule somewhere.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 08:36 AM)
So those that don't want negative stuff have to deal with crazy ass nonsensical trade proposals/speculations? Come on - there has to be a happy medium here. Common sense must rule somewhere.

That's the fun thing about having a non-dictated message board... People are free to be stupid, and some take great advantage of it.