White Sox vs. Yankees, 6/5/07 (L)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:44 PM)
I beg to differ, that wasn't a bad pitch, just a great job of hitting by one of the best the past decade.

Let's not make Damon into a HOF player. He's a very solid major leaguer, but the fact he played for Boston and NY made him seem "better" than reality...

I'm still at a loss for words how you don't have Cintron playing closer. Everyone knows Jeter is a great bunter, and when you add in the fact that Cintron has no arm (and Jeter knows that), you have to take away the chance of a bunt hit.

It should be 6-2 White Sox, however the corpseball rangers decided to take the game off because its under 90, and its a pitcher they never saw. Mike Gellinger uses video only to help them remember their feelings on how they used to hit. So obviously they have no clue what Cy Clippbards 87 mph fastball looks like. They could of practiced against him by going to Haunted Trails and going to the very fast machine.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 01:46 AM)
AC is the 3rd option behind Crede, and Ozuna, its not like Ozzie wants to play him!!!

He should never be playing 3b due to his arm. Put Mackowiak at 3b, and let Terrero play LF. That gives you a better team offensively and defensively.

The Sox offense loses another one for Mark. Obviously, Mark did not pitch great this inning, but when you have no margin for error every single time you pitch, bad things are bound to happen. Seriosuly, we need some Josh Fields in the line-up. He makes the play on Jeter likely and gives us a hot bat.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:47 PM)
He should never be playing 3b due to his arm. Put Mackowiak at 3b, and let Terrero play LF. That gives you a better team offensively and defensively.

Playing a guy with a hurt arm at 3rd is on the top 100 stupid plays of the year.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 01:45 AM)
What part of that do you not agree with? Those were as fast a 3 hits as I've seen all year.

The 2006 Buehrle gave up homer after homer. Believe it or not, this Yankees lineup is damn good. Buehrle didn't have much tonight, and if it wasn't for those double plays, we would have been out of the game early on.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
The Sox offense loses another one for Mark. Obviously, Mark did not pitch great this inning, but when you have no margin for error every single time you pitch, bad things are bound to happen. Seriosuly, we need some Josh Fields in the line-up. He makes the play on Jeter likely and gives us a hot bat.

I agree...he's probably tired of pitching his butt off and losing..

Probably thinking..'why do I pitch my heart out for these losers (the hitters) and they can't give me a few runs?'

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
Playing a guy with a hurt arm at 3rd is on the top 100 stupid plays of the year.

So you really want Mackowiak over there?

Actually, it might be better to play Uribe at 3B and Cintron at SS, as far as I'm concerned.

Dye took just one little extra hop or he would have had him.

Edited by caulfield12