White Sox vs. Yankees, 6/5/07 (L)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
Honestly, you need to fire the pitching coaches as well. We have so many stud pitching prospects the last decade who have done NOTHING. Its an entire organization thing, they all need to be changed. We have produced by ourselves five solid big leaguers basically in a decade: Buehrle, Maggs, C-Lee, Aaron and Crede. That's it, in TEN years. That is inexcusable.

Uuum, what?

Gotta love baseball. Uribe takes an epically bad swing and has a single, Cintron smokes it and it's an out.

Honestly, you need to fire the pitching coaches as well. We have so many stud pitching prospects the last decade who have done NOTHING.

Huh? You still mad about Scott Ruffcorn and Danny Wright? So many and White Sox pitching prospects in the last decade go together like Cubs and excellence.

I was waiting for someone to mention Riske's name:

Riske: 25.2 IP, 2.81 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 19 K's.

But I guess it was just so silly to offer a type A free agent coming off a $1.8 million salary arbitration.

Honestly, you need to fire the pitching coaches as well. We have so many stud pitching prospects the last decade who have done NOTHING. Its an entire organization thing, they all need to be changed. We have produced by ourselves five solid big leaguers basically in a decade: Buehrle, Maggs, C-Lee, Aaron and Crede. That's it, in TEN years. That is inexcusable.

Well, if McCarthy and Young make it, things look a little different.

Biddle, Fogg and Kip Wells have had decent careers, and Majewski, Eyre, Guerrier, Francisco, Rauch, etc., have become decent relievers.

You also have to add Durham and Sirotka to the list.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
Uuum, what?

The list goes on: Jason Stumm, Danny Wright, Jon Rauch, Matt Ginter, Rocky Biddle, Brian West, Lorenzo Barcelo, Josh Fogg, Gary Majewski, Corwin Malone, Arnie Munoz, Kris Honel, Matt Guerrier. And that is only from 2000 when our system was rated by Baseball America as the best and all these guys were tabbed future major leaguers.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:15 PM)
this is nearly the same exact part of the year last year (first week of June) where Liriano was just beginning to start, Morneau was on the verge of going down, Batista had been released for Punto, Bartlett was up, the Twins were 8 games under .500 and 12 games behind the Tigers

I hope you aren't implying we have a Liriano, Punto, Barlett, and awesome bullpen to save us.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
The list goes on: Jason Stumm, Danny Wright, Jon Rauch, Matt Ginter, Rocky Biddle, Brian West, Lorenzo Barcelo, Josh Fogg, Gary Majewski, Corwin Malone, Arnie Munoz, Kris Honel, Matt Guerrier. And that is only from 2000 when our system was rated by Baseball America as the best and all these guys were tabbed future major leaguers.

Who the hell had that list as a bunch of top prospects other than Malone, Honel (and both of them were hurt), and to a lesser extent Rauch and Fogg? Don't play revisionist history.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
I hope you aren't implying we have a Liriano, Punto, Barlett, and awesome bullpen to save us.

No, but I've been hearing about the Twins and Astros ever since I started posting fire sale threads over a month ago.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)

Rauch and Honel were really the only one's who were "studs".

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:22 PM)
I applaud Tadahito for actually looking like a major leaguer at the plate, something the rest of our hitters fail to do.

And he takes strike 3 on the outside corner.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:19 PM)
I was waiting for someone to mention Riske's name:

Riske: 25.2 IP, 2.81 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 19 K's.

But I guess it was just so silly to offer a type A free agent coming off a $1.8 million salary arbitration.

At least if Kenny had a clue what he was doing we'd have 3 top 100 picks. You just ruined my night reminding me of that debacle. :lol:

Its f***ing June. Where is the offense. Where oh where is it. The clock is just about to strike summer. I keep flipping their cards. Now that they dug a hole, they will pretty much have to hit like near 300 for the rest of the year to get to their career averages.

Where is the f***ing O.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:22 PM)
Rauch and Honel were really the only one's who were "studs".

Not true at all. Stumm was compared to Roger Clemens, Malone was a stud after his breakthrough season, Ginter and Wright were top 50 prospects by BA. Our organization was loved by Baseball America and other places because we had great minor league pitchers and all of them failed to develope.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:21 PM)

Who the hell had that list as a bunch of top prospects other than Malone, Honel (and both of them were hurt), and to a lesser extent Rauch and Fogg? Don't play revisionist history.

Rauch was the Minor League Player of the Year and a Top 10 in all of baseball prospect. Jeremy Reed also was Minor Leaguer of the Year I think, although clearly not the same level of prospect.

Ginter was close to a first rounder or supplemental (also on the Olympic Team), Wright was a first rounder...Barcelo was at Top 100 prospect too. Same wtih Malone.

Now if you start bringing up Wyatt Allen, Brian West and Rob Purvis as examples, I might agree.

EDIT: KW Looking Like A Fool Time, running for one hour plus tonight.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:23 PM)
Its f***ing June. Where is the offense. Where oh where is it. The clock is just about to strike summer. I keep flipping their cards. Now that they dug a hole, they will pretty much have to hit like near 300 for the rest of the year to get to their career averages.

Where is the f***ing O.

They need Pods back and they need the real hot weather to come in. :bang

so, to get this straight if we're 10 out by the end of the month we fire every pitching and hitting coach in the organization. top to bottom.

christ, why don't we just dig up andy the clown and kick him a few times, too.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:24 PM)
Rauch was the Minor League Player of the Year and a Top 10 in all of baseball prospect. Jeremy Reed also was Minor Leaguer of the Year I think, although clearly not the same level of prospect.

Ginter was close to a first rounder or supplemental (also on the Olympic Team), Wright was a first rounder...Barcelo was at Top 100 prospect too. Same wtih Malone.

Now if you start bringing up Wyatt Allen, Brian West and Rob Purvis as examples, I might agree.

I totally forgot about Reed, but he was rated the second best prospect in baseball one year behind Joe Mauer by Baseball Prospectus. We have more busts as prospects than any other organizations, maybe along with the Cubs.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:26 PM)
so, to get this straight if we're 10 out by the end of the month we fire every pitching and hitting coach in the organization. top to bottom.

christ, why don't we just dig up andy the clown and kick him a few times, too.

Don't you wonder why some teams just continually produce solid big league players like the Braves, the Yankees, the Indians, the Twins...And then wonder why the Sox can't. Well it lies within the organization and sometimes you need a clean sweep to reconstruct.

Hell, I would so much rather be the Devil Rays organization right now. There talent level is so much higher than us every where in the organization.