White Sox vs. Yankees, 6/5/07 (L)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
Is this going to be about our 5th game in the last few weeks that went from close in the 5th inning to a blowout by the 7th?

It was more heartbreaking last year when you always believed (until August) that they could come back from every lead, usually coming up one or two runs short but making it exciting.

Well, I guess anything is better than this, I'll take those Twins and Astros comeback games in a heartbeat.

EDIT: Bukvich has the same exact stuff as BILLY KOCH, same results too

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
Cause KW is ignorant to the fact that these guys are old and suck. Seriously, Crede is done in sox uni, Juan just is too incosistent and we need a new SS next year. We don't have a LF or CF, right now. Our RF is getting old and losing bat speed quickily. Our Catcher is homerun or nothing. Paulie, god bless what he has done for this organization, but is just so frustrating right now because he is basically a 0 tool player at the moment. No average, no power, clearly no speed, not great D because of his range and an average arm.

Our catcher used to be a spray hitter, that was until he landed here. Fire Walker, and bring someone that can undo his approach.

All I know is that we are gone be fluttering around the .500 mark the whole season unless we do something drastic: firing Greg Walker would be a start, but also getting Fields up here, too. And we really need about 4 new starters for the offense to be average, specifically at LF. CF, SS and 3B. Also it wouldn't hurt at RF, 1B and C. Maybe even 2B. So when it comes down to hit, we really could just use a lineup makeover.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)
Someone yelled something that was caught on camera. As Buckavic comes off the field, a "Say Hi to MacDougal next week"

Another ex-Royals' reliever bites the dust.

The funny thing is, Riske might be the best of all three, and we let him go to the Royals, lol.

Hey, Logan can even get righthanded batters out...what do you know?

Edited by caulfield12

If we are 10 or more out, and Kenny decides to go for it, instead of reloading for next year he needs to go then. I am all for going for it. But if you are 10 or more out, and you have a bunch of pending FAs that are on an older team. Its time to move on. You get a crapload of talent. You fire every single hitting instructor in the minors and the one up here, and you reload.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)
All I know is that we are gone be fluttering around the .500 mark the whole season unless we do something drastic: firing Greg Walker would be a start, but also getting Fields up here, too. And we really need about 4 new starters for the offense to be average, specifically at LF. CF, SS and 3B. Also it wouldn't hurt at RF, 1B and C. Maybe even 2B. So when it comes down to hit, we really could just use a lineup makeover.

Did you miss it earlier, when our Senile Cheerleader on TV said that we had a patient hitting team like the Yankees.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:13 PM)
If we are 10 or more out, and Kenny decides to go for it, instead of reloading for next year he needs to go then. I am all for going for it. But if you are 10 or more out, and you have a bunch of pending FAs that are on an older team. Its time to move on. You get a crapload of talent. You fire every single hitting instructor in the minors and the one up here, and you reload.

this is nearly the same exact part of the year last year (first week of June) where Liriano was just beginning to start, Morneau was on the verge of going down, Batista had been released for Punto, Bartlett was up, the Twins were 8 games under .500 and 12 games behind the Tigers

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:11 PM)
Our catcher used to be a spray hitter, that was until he landed here. Fire Walker, and bring someone that can undo his approach.

I showed the stats in a previous Walker thread, but all of our guys' power numbers go way up when they come to the Sox.

In 7 years prior to coming to the Sox, 37 total HR's and a career BA of .293.

In 2 1/3 seasons since joining the SOx, 42 total HR's and a BA of .267.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:13 PM)

Honestly, you need to fire the pitching coaches as well. We have so many stud pitching prospects the last decade who have done NOTHING. Its an entire organization thing, they all need to be changed. We have produced by ourselves five solid big leaguers basically in a decade: Buehrle, Maggs, C-Lee, Aaron and Crede. That's it, in TEN years. That is inexcusable.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:15 PM)
I showed the stats in a previous Walker thread, but all of our guys' power numbers go way up when they come to the Sox.

In 7 years prior to coming to the Sox, 37 total HR's and a career BA of .293.

In 2 1/3 seasons since joining the SOx, 42 total HR's and a BA of .267.

Their batting averages usually go down, their power numbers go up. Walkerball