White Sox vs. Yankees, 6/5/07 (L)

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:36 PM)
I have been about the most optimistic and glass half-full White Sox since I truly became a fan. But the lack of organizational talent is just astounding. For a team with the Sox's budget, we have no minor league signings of top free agents. We give big money to guys who will do absolutely nothing like Gomes and Po-Sin Lee who now somehow only throws in the mid 80's. We are not a great run organization, simply put. I am sorry if I sound whiny, but being so optimistic for so long is just frustrating.

Umm we did win a World Series 2 years ago. This season is hopeless, but this franchise is not.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Braun now 14 for 45, 3 HR, 8 RBI, .311 AVG

There's a real 3B prospect. The Brewers might be the most talented young team in baseball, position prospect wise...along w/ the D-Rays, D-Backs, Angels and a couple of others.

Farnsworth always good to light a rally for us, even this year?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
How does being signed out of Asia in Wang's case as a youngster any different from Latin America. He is a farm product of the Yankees.

Because they were never in the minors? They didn't develop them. Thats like giving the Sox minor league system credit for producing Tadahito Iguchi and Shingo Takatsu.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:39 PM)
Ryan Braun now 14 for 45, 3 HR, 8 RBI, .311 AVG

There's a real 3B prospect. The Brewers might be the most talented young team in baseball, position prospect wise...along w/ the D-Rays, D-Backs, Angels and a couple of others.

Hopefully the Brewers will string together several NL Central titles and the Cubs will be getting it handed to them by their own version of the Twins.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:40 PM)
Because they were never in the minors? They didn't develop them. Thats like giving the Sox minor league system for producing Tadahito Iguchi and Shingo Takatsu.

Wang was signed into the Yankees organization as a 20-year old. I think they developed him. That is a similar for many Latin America players, the majority is 18, but 20 is still pretty common.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 09:39 PM)
The Brewers might be the most talented young team in baseball, position prospect wise...along w/ the D-Rays, D-Backs, Angels and a couple of others.

Don't forget Florida. Willingham, Cabrera, Ramirez, Uggla, Hermida, Jacobs (although injuries are killing them).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 02:38 AM)
How does being signed out of Asia in Wang's case as a youngster any different from Latin America. He is a farm product of the Yankees.

i'd agree on wang (seems weird typing that). although he was signed out of asia he did spend a fair amount of time being developed in the minors. at the same time, i wouldn't credit the yankees for developing soriano. he spent parts of two minor league seasons in their system after being signed out of japan.

Low and away ball one

High and Away ball 2

High and away strike one (bulls***)

High and In, fouls off. Hawk starts to b**** about the previous pitch.

low and away breaking pitch put into play on the ground. His back foot was moving towards 1st base, and he flew open. Wierd hitting style there.

Notice the pattern.

Edited by southsideirish71