White Sox vs. Yankees, 6/5/07 (L)

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:15 PM)
How exactly did Dye git to third from first on a grounder to the shortstop?

Alex Rodriguez thought he was a shortstop, and watched Jeter make the play, then forgot that the base was abandoned.

Dye kept on running.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:15 PM)
How exactly did Dye git to third from first on a grounder to the shortstop?

A-Rod came all the way across to SS on a grounder between them, and they were playing AJ to pull on the infield already.

The ball went to SS, and A-Rod was too slow getting back to bag, pitcher and catcher couldn't make it over there in time either.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:15 PM)
Jeter has no range. Uribe EASILY makes both of those plays (the hits).

Now I will wait for somebody to interpret this as me saying Uribe is better than Jeter.

Jeter has had no range his entire major league career. The fact he isn't globally considering a piss poor fielder (which he is) is mind boggling, let alone him having gold gloves. It's an impressive feat even by the standards of the east coast hype machine.

On cue, Uribe makes a play Jeter could only dream of rangewise right there.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 06:15 PM)
Jeter has no range. Uribe EASILY makes both of those plays (the hits).

Now I will wait for somebody to interpret this as me saying Uribe is better than Jeter.

Uribe's a chick magnet. DJ can't compete.

It must be so frustrating to be Buerhle, when you give great outings night in and night out, and your offense takes a crap everytime you pitch. Last week we had the excuse of facing Doc Halladay. Now we are facing a guy who probably has a hard time recording outs against the Barons.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 01:26 AM)
He is doing a really good Pods impression, appears I was dead wrong about JO. Although he had no shot at Cano there even with a great throw.

Pickoffs are fun.

Owens is no better than a 5th outfielder.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:28 PM)
Any time now, the offense can hit. Alrighty offense, you can hit this pile of dung any day now. 87mph and straight, you dont need a scouting report to hit it. Imagine a batting machine.

This guy is actually throwing a lot of pitches that lift and pull should work against. But to no avail.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
This guy is actually throwing a lot of pitches that lift and pull should work against. But to no avail.

He is spotting some of it low and away. That is what is the Kryptonite to Walkerball.