Saw the Knights last night

Jim Spencer

After a 2 hour rain delay the players came out to stretch. No BA? During the National Anthem the players lined up down the 1st base line, still no BA?? No Aardsma, No Mac (I know, there not there yet), but I did get to see Andy Sisco :P

498799.jpg

Eventhough the Knights lost we had a good time. My son got Heath Phillips', Ryan Sweeney's and Josh Field's Autographs. Josh was even nice enough to pose with my son for a picture.

498801.jpg

Edited by Jim Spencer

QUOTE(Jim Spencer @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
After a 2 hour rain delay the players came out to stretch. No BA? During the National Anthem the players lined up down the 1st base line, still no BA?? No Aardsma, No Mac (I know, there not there yet), but I did get to see Andy Sisco :P

498799.jpg

Eventhough the Knights lost we had a good time. My son got Heath Phillips', Ryan Sweeney's and Josh Field's Autographs. Josh was even nice enough to pose with my son for a picture.

498801.jpg

I didn't realize Josh was so short. He is like Timo Jr.

Yeah, my son likes to go to Minor League games and be able to actually talk to the players.

Heath was real friendly:

498804.jpg

But this guy was kind of cold to him :angry:

498805.jpg

He wouldn't sign and he wouldn't throw us a ball as he ran off the field after recording the last out of the inning. He would give it to an Indians fan instead. My son said he hopes Craig never gets called up to the Sox. I have to agree with him :P

I didn't realize Josh was so short. He is like Timo Jr.

He's not. My boy is just tall for his age :P

498808.jpg

I forgot to metion, I ran into a News reporter from Charlotte in the gift shop and he saw that my son and I were wearing Knights caps. He asked us where we were sitting and if he could come and talk to me later. He brought a TV Camera and interviewed me and a Sox fan from Champain, Il. He said he was doing a story on Downtown Minor League Baseball parks.

I guess Charlotte is pushing for a New Park in downtown. I talked with him for about 15 minutes and he had to tell me to talk to him not the camera :lol:

There also were about 12 Japanese reporters there to watch Masumi Kuwata. I guess he spent 20 years with the Yomiuri Giants and he's some kind-of Legend in Japan. He never did come in and pitch though :P

I usually go to cougars games once or twice a year. It is a great experience. All the players are usually friendly, and they have a ton of gives away and such between innings. And the food isn't ridiculously overpriced... my type of experience :) Last year I got a cowbell...

Did any of the Knights hit a HR? I know at Round Rock Express games, they pass a hat around after every HR (or at least they did when they were AA) and give the money to the player. I think that's pretty cool.