Crede Out Again, Possible DL Trip (per Score)

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 06:25 PM)
On a related thought, putting Crede on the DL makes him literally impossible to trade.

Too bad all around. At least one of our top position prospects in the system (one of the few) plays 3rd. I say bring up Fields now...

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
I feel bad for Joe. He was starting to blister the ball then got hurt. He hasn't been the same at the plate since that cubs series.

I'm afraid I can't return the sentiment. As far as I'm concerned, Joe basically asked for this to happen. He went with Scott Boras's advice on what the best way to deal with his back was (rehab) instead of listening to the advice of team doctors (do the surgery & get it actually fixed).

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 06:40 PM)
I'm afraid I can't return the sentiment. As far as I'm concerned, Joe basically asked for this to happen. He went with Scott Boras's advice on what the best way to deal with his back was (rehab) instead of listening to the advice of team doctors (do the surgery & get it actually fixed).

back surgery is so risky though.

anyone have any info on whether fields is playing for charlotte today?

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 04:44 PM)

anyone have any info on whether fields is playing for charlotte today?

I think that the team would have fully evaluated that if they were going to reccommend that Mr. Crede have the surgery. I can't imagine the team would tell Mr. Crede to do something that they thought had a high probability of making it so that he wouldn't be our 3rd baseman this year.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 07:41 PM)

And there's no going back. Doing the rehab now, he can always get the surgery in the future.

He did what he thought was best for his career, I can't really fault him.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 07:46 PM)
I think that the team would have fully evaluated that if they were going to reccommend that Mr. Crede have the surgery. I can't imagine the team would tell Mr. Crede to do something that they thought had a high probability of making it so that he wouldn't be our 3rd baseman this year.

I'm sure Boras did a full evaluation, too. It's in everyone's best interest that Joe plays well. Just a difference of opinion.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 04:49 PM)
And there's no going back. Doing the rehab now, he can always get the surgery in the future.

He did what he thought was best for his career, I can't really fault him.

I'm sure Boras did a full evaluation, too. It's in everyone's best interest that Joe plays well. Just a difference of opinion.

And, I think in the end, it sure looks based on the rapid recurrence of back problems within a month or so of the start of this season, combined with the incredibly poor performance of Mr. Crede this season, like the team has been proven fully correct and Mr. Boras proven fully wrong in his assessment.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 07:50 PM)
And, I think in the end, it sure looks based on the rapid recurrence of back problems within a month or so of the start of this season, combined with the incredibly poor performance of Mr. Crede this season, like the team has been proven fully correct and Mr. Boras proven fully wrong in his assessment.

:huh

We'll never know. Haven't there been posts here from people who've gone through it, or who knew someone who did, who said they'd only go under the knife as a last resort? (I know I've read things like this somewhere...) Those things have changed my mind quite a bit on this. Whoever's right, I don't think Crede was being unreasonable.