Trent Green to the Fins

If...Green does not suffer ill effects from that concussion. You never know what it's going to take from this point out to ring his bell again, and there may well still be some subtle lingering effects. He certainly wasn't the QB late last season that he was in previous years, at least to my eyes.

How different of an offensive system is he in now? this isnt going to be the same Al Saunders 400 page book on passing for trent green. Sure, he is a veteran and will adjust, but he also doesnt have Larry Johnson in his backfield and one of the better offensive lines in the game(mind you, Ronnie Brown is no chopped liver).

I think there will be a period of adjustment here, and those concussion effects are always a concern like Balta said.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 08:09 AM)
Eh, not really a big fan of this deal for the Phins.

I wonder where Culpepper's going to end up now?

there were rumors that the Raiders were interested. i heard em on ESPN, so they're probably false. :P

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 07:57 AM)
How different of an offensive system is he in now? this isnt going to be the same Al Saunders 400 page book on passing for trent green. Sure, he is a veteran and will adjust, but he also doesnt have Larry Johnson in his backfield and one of the better offensive lines in the game(mind you, Ronnie Brown is no chopped liver).

I think there will be a period of adjustment here, and those concussion effects are always a concern like Balta said.

Trent Green knows the offense, were running the same system he and Cam ran when they were both in Washington..

Green should be solid for us

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 11:28 AM)
there were rumors that the Raiders were interested. i heard em on ESPN, so they're probably false. :P

Wasnt he already in Oakland once, I dont think he goes back.

Id like to see him back in Minny personally.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 12:19 PM)
Trent Green knows the offense, were running the same system he and Cam ran when they were both in Washington..

Green should be solid for us

People don't forget things they read 9 years ago at all. And the game hasn't changed either.

just sayin

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 08:30 PM)
People don't forget things they read 9 years ago at all. And the game hasn't changed either.

just sayin

Well from Trent Greens mouth himself, he knows the system

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 11:33 PM)
Trent Green the savior! :bang

Ha

Its not about being "the savior" its about getting a QB who is familiar with the system we are going to run and having someone who has been a successful NFL QB to groom John Beck for a year or possibly two..

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 02:53 PM)
Wasnt he already in Oakland once, I dont think he goes back.

Id like to see him back in Minny personally.

He was never in Oakland.

Minnesota, then Miami. Thats all.

Edited by RibbieRubarb