Jeff Samardzija moves to bullpen

So far this year, he has been a stud for Class A Daytona.

0-5, 5.75 ERA in 11 starts. 51.2 IP, 76 hits, 16 walks, 20 k's, .350 average against.

How much did they pay this clown again in round 2, thus taking projected 18th rounder Tyler Colvin in the 1st to save money? lol.

IMO that was a big marketing pick by a team that IMO often puts that ahead of their actual on the field team. The Cubs got to draft a ND golden boy and feed off the attention. If in Sept they need a boost of attention they'll drag his ass up and throw him in the BP

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 10:38 PM)
So far this year, he has been a stud for Class A Daytona.

0-5, 5.75 ERA in 11 starts. 51.2 IP, 76 hits, 16 walks, 20 k's, .350 average against.

How much did they pay this clown again in round 2, thus taking projected 18th rounder Tyler Colvin in the 1st to save money? lol.

it was the fifth round....and 20 K's in 52 IP in A ball is horrendous

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 01:54 PM)
DIdn't he or isn't he getting moved back to the rotation. I thought the move was temporary and they were working on a couple things than moving him back to the rotation.

Aren't you supposed to know the SCOOPZ~! on the minor leagues, Gager? :P

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 12:54 PM)
DIdn't he or isn't he getting moved back to the rotation. I thought the move was temporary and they were working on a couple things than moving him back to the rotation.

He moved to the bullpen so he could get more chances to try to work on some other pitches.

Additionally, he loses $10,000,000 if he leaves the Cubs for football.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 03:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't believe that you just typed "than your right" in one sentence.

My high school English teachers would die a little inside if they visited here.

B)

No doubt about it.

So how long does he have to "play" baseball until he can sign with an NFL team? Damn, he could have been the next Ed McCaffery.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 02:42 PM)
No doubt about it.

So how long does he have to "play" baseball until he can sign with an NFL team? Damn, he could have been the next Ed McCaffery.

Any team could sign him too I think. He's basically an undrafted free agent. I bet he'll make an assload of money in the NFL if he left (maybe he could get that 10 mill signing bonus by playing football professionally with his initial rookie contract).