You don't have to believe me

witesoxfan

But at the start of the bottom of the 8th, I invisioned Willie Harris getting on base alone with 2 outs and the score still obviously tied, and Aaron Rowand coming up and being a hero. I kind of saw it coming.

And I knew we were going to win the game too. I didn't think Carlos was going to win it when he came up, and I didn't think Jose was going to win it when he came up.

And tomorrow, I see the Sox taking the 3rd game, sweeping the series, and taking a s***load of momentum into the Twinkie series. You wanna talk about a pick-me-up win for the Sox.....Colon pitches like s***, and the bullpen comes in and shuts the door. How f***ing sweet is that? :headbang :headbang :headbang

But at the start of the bottom of the 8th, I invisioned Willie Harris getting on base alone with 2 outs and the score still obviously tied, and Aaron Rowand coming up and being a hero.  I kind of saw it coming. 

And I knew we were going to win the game too.  I didn't think Carlos was going to win it when he came up, and I didn't think Jose was going to win it when he came up. 

And tomorrow, I see the Sox taking the 3rd game, sweeping the series, and taking a s***load of momentum into the Twinkie series.  You wanna talk about a pick-me-up win for the Sox.....Colon pitches like s***, and the bullpen comes in and shuts the door.  How f***ing sweet is that?  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

If the sox can carry this magical play beyond the cubs, they have a real shot at this division.

And I knew we were going to win the game too.

no one at the Cell questioned what was going to happen the entire 9th inning - everyone was on their feet - the scrubbie fans looking nervous and our fans just roaring - it was incredible - the only game simlar was the September 2000 game (Friday or Saturday before Labor Day as I recall) against Anaheim when we were down 8-3 in the 8th and won 9-8 - the crowd expected victory and almsot willed it to happen

the best thing said about Sox fans today is hardly anyone left during the rain delay - even though we were trailing - the Cell was almost exactly as full when the game resumed as wehn it started - it was one of the best crowds in a long time, not just interms of size (I think 5th largest in history) but in spirit and attitude and support -

it was great to be there and not have the negativity that sometimes gets on here -

I never saw a crowd stay like that during a rain delay and I cannot describe the feeling when AR hit that homer - the upper deck was all on its feet for the entire 9th and it looked like the lower deck was too - just incredible atmosphere :lol: :headbang :cheers :usa can't be described

And I knew we were going to win the game too.

no one at the Cell questioned what was going to happen the entire 9th inning - everyone was on their feet - the scrubbie fans looking nervous and our fans just roaring - it was incredible - the only game simlar was the September 2000 game (Friday or Saturday before Labor Day as I recall) against Anaheim when we were down 8-3 in the 8th and won 9-8 - the crowd expected victory and almsot willed it to happen

the best thing said about Sox fans today is hardly anyone left during the rain delay - even though we were trailing - the Cell was almost exactly as full when the game resumed as wehn it started - it was one of the best crowds in a long time, not just interms of size (I think 5th largest in history) but in spirit and attitude and support -

it was great to be there and not have the negativity that sometimes gets on here -

I never saw a crowd stay like that during a rain delay and I cannot describe the feeling when AR hit that homer - the upper deck was all on its feet for the entire 9th and it looked like the lower deck was too - just incredible atmosphere :lol: :headbang :cheers :usa can't be described

I think some Chicagoans are actually becoming excited about the White Sox....strange as it may seem.

2 full houses 2 days in a row and 9th inning victories - that is what we needed for people to be excited - we have too often stumbled when we had a full house in recent years but yesterday and today are what we needed -

people were buzzing about going tomorrow - great to see people in such good spirits -

Very glad to hear that. Big home crowds can do wonders to a team. :headbang

2 full houses 2 days in a row and 9th inning victories - that is what we needed for people to be excited - we have too often stumbled when we had a full house in recent years but yesterday and today are what we needed -

people were buzzing about going tomorrow - great to see people in such good spirits -

The reason I am so optimistic is not because the sox have been winning but HOW they have been winning. These type of wins often lead a team into a major roll..........see the year 2000.

The reason I am so optimistic is not because the sox have been winning but HOW they have been winning. These type of wins often lead a team into a major roll..........see the year 2000.

bingo :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

(add the way the players were cheering each other on today - they haven't looked this tight with each other during a game since after the 2000 Detroit fight)

:headbang :headbang :headbang

nooooooooooooooooooo.  That team went on a roll for several months....but hey ya never know. :huh:

Maybe not the 99 wins, but I'm talking more of them being a mediocre team in the first half and getting very hot in the second half and then taking the division.

With a win today and the Twinkies in town with 2 half priced nights plus the holiday week(which alot of people take off) I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see 30k+ Monday and Tuesday night. That could be a huge lift for the team.

I think some Chicagoans are actually becoming excited about the White Sox....strange as it may seem.

I'll believe that when I see big crowds on FULL-PRICE nights against someone other than the Lovable Losers or the Spankees.

It's been very exciting baseball against the L's, but I'll say it again - I want to see the same fire and energy against the AL Central rivals. THOSE are games that matter, certainly more than "bragging rights".