White Sox vs. Yankees, 6/6/07 (L)

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 01:38 AM)
Three are other AL Central Teams are consumed in plane crashes.

Yeah, but their minor league teams might give us a run for our money.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 01:39 AM)
The only chip we have is Buerhle. Thats it.

Dye???? Trading an aged, bad defensive power hitter who isnt hitting doesnt reap the large bevy of prospects.

A good GM could get value for Dye still. However, if we wait another month and he's hitting .225 with 15 homers, we're not going to get anything good in return. It's painfully obvious he's lost a step. He's also my PTGODLN (Pick to go on DL next).

Edited by fathom

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 01:40 AM)
He has a decent track record for getting something for nothing.

Dye isn't nothing though. This is much different than trading someone like Guerrier for Marte or Miles for Uribe.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
Yeah, but their minor league teams might give us a run for our money.

A good GM could get value for Dye still. However, if we wait another month and he's hitting .225 with 15 homers, we're not going to get anything good in return. It's painfully obvious he's lost a step. He's also my PTGODLN (Pick to go on DL next).

That will be the excuse card that Hawk and KW will peddle in the offseason. We just had too many injuries.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)
I wish it was more fun to watch this team.

I honestly can't fathom how this team has any chance at the playoffs. At least Fields gives me something to look forward to every 3rd inning.

You used your name in your sentence. That made my night.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 08:41 PM)
Dye isn't nothing though. This is much different than trading someone like Guerrier for Marte or Miles for Uribe.

Speaking of Marte, he would be our best pitcher in the bullpen this year...yikes

1.45 ERA 18.2 innings 8 walks 19 K's 14 hits 1.18 WHIP

Not that he would have those numbers with us, but his numbers surprised me when I looked at them the other day.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 01:45 AM)
Speaking of Marte, he would be our best pitcher in the bullpen this year...yikes

1.45 ERA 18.2 innings 8 walks 19 K's 14 hits 1.18 WHIP

Not that he would have those numbers with us, but his numbers surprised me when I looked at them the other day.

So would David Riske....it's just one of those years.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 01:47 AM)
Erstad?

Erstad doesn't hit the ball hard though. Dan Bernstein said that about Mackowiak a few weeks ago, and it's so true. I love Mackowiak....but he just pounds the ball into the ground a lot.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 08:47 PM)
with wang having trouble finding the strike zone, why in the hell would mack swing at the first pitch? this guy's a veteran?

Its cold.

They are depressed.

Flip their cards.

perfect storm.

Its cold.

Dye fell down. I had these flashbacks to the old lady falling down, pessing the medic alert button. I have fallen and I cant get up.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 08:51 PM)
I'm shocked we've beat this Yankees team 3 times this year.

They have bad pitching, but they can still hit. The game still requires you to score at least one more run than the other team. I thought they said we scored 3 or less run in 24 games this year.