Joe Crede to 15 day DL, Josh Fields called up from AAA.

marsh

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 04:16 PM)
josh fields is not a savior. And I hate the fact that Crede's hurt. Fields can't hold his jock on the defensive side, he said as much during ST.

no i understand that - and i hate that crede's hurt too, i'd much rather his 06 production over fields but thats just not gonna happen so i'm glad to see someone else up here. if nothing else it shows us if we really do have the ability to deal crede or not.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
actaully I said he was an allstar caliber 3baseman who was a clutch hitter. i never said he was a great hitter, i never actauly said he is great period. But i do believe he is one of the premier 3baseman in baseball and if not hurt he would be recognized for that.

as for Fields, i hope he does well because he is all we have down there. if he does what the great Brian "surfer dude" andersen did then we completely blow.

Why do you feel the need to mention Anderson at every opportunity? Did he refuse to give you an autograph or something?

''Whenever he comes up, he'll make an impact,'' Williams said. ''He's going to be a special player.''

Let's see whether Fields impact is immediate.

Don't forget, according to Williams, he'll be an All-Star as well someday. Let's hope these comments are proven more truthful than Masset possessing a fastball just below Jenks or the Garcia deal helping us in the present and future.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 05:18 PM)
Why do you feel the need to mention Anderson at every opportunity? Did he refuse to give you an autograph or something?

I just like to mention him because everyone here thought he was a god. they all identified with his tremendous ability and attitude. I just want to remind everyone that our number 1 prospect actually sucks, therefore not getting the hopes to high for our other soon to be failures. By the way why does it bother you so much.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 05:56 PM)
I just like to mention him because everyone here thought he was a god. they all identified with his tremendous ability and attitude. I just want to remind everyone that our number 1 prospect actually sucks, therefore not getting the hopes to high for our other soon to be failures. By the way why does it bother you so much.

It's strange that you feel the need to interject your feelings about him in random conversations.

Did anyone here say that he'd be an all-star one day?

And he hasn't been a number one prospect in a few years.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
actaully I said he was an allstar caliber 3baseman who was a clutch hitter.

TQ,

He's not even close to that this year. In fact, offensively he is in the bottom 3rd, defensively, he is still up in the top five. As far as his clutch-ness, check out how many guys he has been leaving on base. He is flat out hurting the team right now, and its at least nice to have a guy who may actually bring some healthy at bats onto the field. I personally think Josh could put up the same numbers offensively as Crede right now.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 05:56 PM)

I thought our number 1 prospect was Danks, then Gior?

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 06:06 PM)
TQ,

He's not even close to that this year. In fact, offensively he is in the bottom 3rd, defensively, he is still up in the top five. As far as his clutch-ness, check out how many guys he has been leaving on base. He is flat out hurting the team right now, and its at least nice to have a guy who may actually bring some healthy at bats onto the field. I personally think Josh could put up the same numbers offensively as Crede right now.

This is actually a good point. I personally think Fields is overhyped, and don't think he'll be much of a major leaguer. But he only has to hit .216 to be giving you 2007 Joe Crede production, and he's probably capable of that. Its not saying much but Crede's been garbage this year.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 06:01 PM)
It's strange that you feel the need to interject your feelings about him in random conversations.

Did anyone here say that he'd be an all-star one day?

And he hasn't been a number one prospect in a few years.

yes but he was our number 1 prospect and the love for him was immense. still don't know why you are paying attention. I am not breaking any rules, just ignore. The reason for his name in this thread was to remind folks that our high prospects fail all the time. it could happen to Fields, lets hope it doesn't. known players are always the best players.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 06:06 PM)
TQ,

I thought our number 1 prospect was Danks, then Gior?

i am stating anderson was once a number 1 he was drafted in the top 15. he should have been better. Danks caem from another org, and GIO's jury is deliberating. My point to this whole amtter is you young people love to fall in love with these scrubs. they ahve about a 10% chance. have not been wrong yet.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 06:09 PM)
This is actually a good point. I personally think Fields is overhyped, and don't think he'll be much of a major leaguer. But he only has to hit .216 to be giving you 2007 Joe Crede production, and he's probably capable of that. Its not saying much but Crede's been garbage this year.

he has been hurt no doubt. but I understand your point.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 11:55 PM)
Just shut him down. I'm much more interested in seeing what Fields can do at this point and cutting this guy loose as soon as possible.

At the same time, you want to get something in return for him.

It's probably for the better for both parties. Crede tried going the other route -- which I'm not going to bash because of the stories people have told of any back surgery being a big risk -- and it apparently hasn't worked. It also allows the Sox to give Josh Fields the ropes on third base for the rest of the year.

It's a shame that Crede has taken such a 'fall' since September of last year, but hopefully the surgery can be successful so we can see (maybe) one more year of 2006 Crede.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 12:02 AM)
Guys....we're not getting anything for Crede now. He's the definition of damaged goods.

Hence why I feel sick to my stomach. Last year should have been his last with the White Sox, the writing was on the wall with him there was no way he was going to make it through the 2007 campaign without his back taking him out for a few months.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 12:05 AM)
Hence why I feel sick to my stomach. Last year should have been his last with the White Sox, the writing was on the wall with him there was no way he was going to make it through the 2007 campaign without his back taking him out for a few months.

Which is more the reason the White Sox need to receive good value for any players traded within the following months. Crede would likely have been replaced by Fields in 2008 regardless of his back, and now there's one less trading chip.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 12:05 AM)

This is just so disappointing. As much as I understood a trade of Crede could be good for our organization, I always wanted him to stay here somehow. He had made such strides at the plate, and he's such a great defensive player. Now it appears he might never be the player he was really settling into.

You gotta feel for the guy....why some people experience such horrific back pain and others simply do not is just mystifying...

My god... I won't even say it, but our guys are going down like flies. Not that its the reason why we suck so much of course, just things keep looking worse for everyone. Maybe health really is causing these guys to perform badly, but either way it still sucks.

We should really be able to see whose going to contribute in the future this season. I can hear hawk now... "we won 90 games in 06 we stuck with a lot of the same players and injuries just ruined 07."

Regardless of if Kenny is horrible and fired in 3 years or if he wins another World Series or two, this will be looked back upon as his biggest mistake as GM, and by a wide margin (this being not dealing Crede this winter).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 01:27 PM)
For the love of God, quit blaming Walker for everyone's approach. If he truely was preaching what everyone is saying, what a leader he must be if everyone is willing to listen to him, and give up millions in potential income and piss away their careers. Disregard Fields' strikeout totals in the minors. If he fans as much in the majors or even more, I'm sure it will be Walker's fault.

So you're saying don't listen to the hitting coach? Especially the young players? Riiiiiiiiight. I'm sure that'll fly by.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 06:16 AM)
Regardless of if Kenny is horrible and fired in 3 years or if he wins another World Series or two, this will be looked back upon as his biggest mistake as GM, and by a wide margin (this being not dealing Crede this winter).

Nope....2nd worst move

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 04:15 PM)
wow, you guys must really think fields is going to be great, with all this excitement around here You would think we just got chavez to take crede's place. Crede is an allstar caliber 3b who is a clutch hitter. Fields is nowhere near crede, I am surprised that people would be excited to see our runner up gold glove 3rd baseman go down.

Why don't we just call up all our farm boys, everyone here loves those guys better than the pro guys anyway. All these guys come up and have a good game or two and then the scouts file their reports and they can't hit or pitch worth a damn. Everytime we call these guys up we are at risk of not getting value when we trade them because teams know they are either not ready or they never will be ready.

The grass is always greener. The best hitting coach is the one we don't have, the best 3rd baseman is the one putting up numbers in the minors, and the best QB in town in the backup. Same old story, different day.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 01:21 AM)
So you're saying don't listen to the hitting coach? Especially the young players? Riiiiiiiiight. I'm sure that'll fly by.

OK, I want to see where Greg Walker has ever publicly preached to pull the ball and try to hit home runs.