2007 MLB Amateur Draft Thread

Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
Pal, I have a clue.

I think having a player with a plus fastball with an excellent chance of signing with a good upside is better than wasting a pick so you can get another pick next year...which is your concept.

You need a clue.

There is no wasting the pick. What part of that don't you get?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 03:11 PM)
You select him, take your chances signing him, and if you don't you get the pick next year.

exactly if he doesn't sign you could conceivably have 4 picks in the first round next year. if he does sign, awesome if not o well. at least afford your self the BAP.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:22 PM)
Pal, I have a clue.

I think having a player with a plus fastball with an excellent chance of signing with a good upsaide is better than wasting a pick so you can get another pick next year...which is your concept.

You need a clue.

We've taken enough safe picks lately in terms of signability.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 05:21 PM)
So...it's ok to have NO pick this year to get the same pick next year???

:huh:

This makes ZERO sense...ZERO.

You're intentionally not listening.

This is almost the definition of threadcrapping, what you're doing in this thread.

Please, for those of us who would like to listen to people who know ANYTHING about these prospects, just stop. You're here just to rip people. It's a joke.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
So...it's ok to have NO pick this year to get the same pick next year???

:huh:

This makes ZERO sense...ZERO.

LOOK AT OUR FARM SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!! Does it look like we need another questionable arm? NO! To me, it seems we need top of the line talent. Not more mediocre garbage. Look at the AL Central. Twins, Tigers, Indians, and Royals are all getting better talent wise. The Sox are staying the same. I will not be surprised to see the Sox as the basement dwellers for the Central within the next year or so.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
I got one thing left to say, Aaron Poreda must put up some crazy numbers this year and move through the organization fast, or else, I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Seriously, does this guy not seem like Andrew Sisco part 2? Hard fastball but with no secondary stuff and some command issues.

Football is your M.O. I suggest you stick to that. Not every poster is good in every sport in analysis.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:22 PM)
I think having a player with a plus fastball with an excellent chance of signing with a good upside is better than wasting a pick so you can get another pick next year...which is your concept.

Wasting a pick, you keep saying that. That makes no sense. The Sox can sign him if they go over slot. Hell, reach for a player in the second round if you have to -- we're talking about the consensus BEST HIGH SCHOOL PITCHER HERE!

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
But I'm not going to get excited when I see a guy of Porcellos/Hochevars caliber because I know the White Sox won't take them.

You shouldn't have this year. There was zero chance they took Porcello, absolutely zero.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
Seriously, does this guy not seem like Andrew Sisco part 2? Hard fastball but with no secondary stuff and some command issues.

Poreda doesn't have command issues.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:24 PM)
You're intentionally not listening.

This is almost the definition of threadcrapping, what you're doing in this thread.

Please, for those of us who would like to listen to people who know ANYTHING about these prospects, just stop. You're here just to rip people. It's a joke.

No, Ribbie Rubarb is 100% correct, it's the rest of us who are morons. The rest of us need to get a clue, he's the smartest man in the room.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)
Than dont watch the team! who cares. Your not gonna watch a team cause there first round pick has a ok year in single A.

Thats really being a ture fan. GO WATCH THE TIGERS THAN!!!!

Why would I not watch team? I am a diehard sox fan. Is it really that bad for a fan to get pissed off about passing up the 2nd best pitcher in the draft? I guess over half the people here aren't true fans then.

I should also add -- if this Poreda goes on to do great things while Porcello dwindles in the wind, I promise I'll be the first one to say "hey, I was wrong". It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Looking at everything I've read and heard about Porcello, though, I don't know how you can't love just about everything about him. Smart as hell, projectability, great stuff, great command...

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
Porcello is not the best high school pitcher this year.

Okay. Who is? Porcello was likely the no. 2 overall pick a week ago, and all the experts ranked him as the best high school arm. Are you an expert? Name one expert who had someone else ranked higher.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
Why would I not watch team? I am a diehard sox fan. Is it really that bad for a fan to get pissed off about passing up the 2nd best pitcher in the draft? I guess over half the people here aren't true fans then.

Im starting to think that.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:27 PM)
I am beginning to think Ribbie is incapable of leveling any criticism against the White Sox organization. You speak in absolutes. "If you don't like what the White Sox are doing, you are a bad White Sox fan." Chill out and agree to disagree. ;)

Chris Rongy?

people who are pissed have reasons to be pissed.

Look at the standings.

Look at the lineup.

Look at the payroll.

And look at the list of top draft picks.

McCullough

Broadway

Fields

Anderson

Ring

Honel

Borchard

Stumm

I can't remember 1998, but I don't think his bust in headed for Cooperstown. Might have been Matt Ginter.

Until we show we can draft a quality player and develop him, we need to complain loud enough for the folks in the front office to hear.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:27 PM)
I should also add -- if this Poreda goes on to do great things while Porcello dwindles in the wind, I promise I'll be the first one to say "hey, I was wrong". It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Looking at everything I've read and heard about Porcello, though, I don't know how you can't love just about everything about him. Smart as hell, projectability, great stuff, great command...

A-f***ing-men.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:29 PM)
people who are pissed have reasons to be pissed.

Look at the standings.

Look at the lineup.

Look at the payroll.

And look at the list of top draft picks.

McCullough

Broadway

Fields

Anderson

Ring

Honel

Borchard

Stumm

I can't remember 1998, but I don't think his bust in headed for Cooperstown. Might have been Matt Ginter.

Until we show we can draft a quality player and develop him, we need to complain loud enough for the folks in the front office to hear.

Yes.