2007 MLB Amateur Draft Thread

Flash Tizzle

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
While I'm on my cursing binge...

f*** YOU ESPN WITH THIS BULLs***, I WANT THE f***ING CONFERENCE CALL BACK, NOT EVEN SHOWING THE f***ING SUPPLEMENTAL ROUND MAKING ME WATCH IT VIA THE DRAFT TRACKER!!!!

Why is this taking so long.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 09:43 PM)
Sorry, but how can you make a statement like that? I have a hard time believing you have seen him throw a pitch(aside from the 10 second clips on ESPN)

Your going to make that statement just on some scouting reports you have read from various online sites? Sure you can gather the best information possible to find out what type of pitcher the Sox drafted, but you have no idea on how this guy projects.

I just find it hard to project a guy who only throws fastballs to be extremely productive against MLB hitters when he can't even average 2 strike outs every 3 innings. According to a scout after the pick, he said "well, good luck letting Yankees hitters put the ball in play compared to letting Santa Clara hitters".

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:43 PM)
He's sure worked wonders with the offspeed, or should I say lack of, pitches of Thornton and Cotts.

cooper got to thornton by the time he was 28, developing pitches at the minor leagues isn't on cooper, its on the minor league coaches .....so yeah youre right cotts never had an offspeed pitch maybe that the guys in the minors fault maybe not, but cooper isnt really responsible for that either

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 04:43 PM)
Sorry, but how can you make a statement like that? I have a hard time believing you have seen him throw a pitch(aside from the 10 second clips on ESPN)

Your going to make that statement just on some scouting reports you have read from various online sites? Sure you can gather the best information possible to find out what type of pitcher the Sox drafted, but you have no idea on how this guy projects.

He's a one-pitch pitcher, that ain't no all-star. Its extremely hard to develope two secondary pitches from poor to above-average. And I am just going with the Sox track record of first selections in the drafts recently where we have 0 all-stars.