2007 MLB Amateur Draft Thread

Flash Tizzle

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:10 PM)
Danny,

If you see this, what's the site again with the Mizzou baseball recruit info?

simmonsfield.com

QUOTE(R.J. @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:28 PM)
How about Middlebrooks or Carpenter this round

After seeing Carpenter in person he definitely is a projectable arm. If the Sox can teach him some control, wow. He has major movement on his pitches.

Also, Dunigan of Oklahoma went to Seattle and that guy is a f'n beast. In a game at Mizzou I saw him play he got gunned out on a close play at first and after being called out yelled to the ump, "Just because I'm big doesn't mean I'm not fast!" He's not kidding either. Unreal, athlete with insane power. He jacked the hell out of a ball in one game.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)
simmonsfield.com

After seeing Carpenter in person he definitely is a projectable arm. If the Sox can teach him some control, wow. He has major movement on his balls.

I giggled.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)
Anybody got a scouting report on Middlebrooks? Why is he slipping so far?

36. Will Middlebrooks, 3b/rhp

School: Liberty-Elyau HS, Texarkana, Texas. Class: Sr.

B-T: R-R. Ht.: 6-4. Wt.: 215. Birthdate: 9/9/88.

Scouting Report: Kevin Ahrens isn't the only blue-chip third-base recruit Texas A&M could lose to the draft. Where Ahrens gets compared with Chipper Jones, the more athletic Middlebrooks draws Cal Ripken Jr. and Scott Rolen comparisons. Selected to play in a Texas high school football all-star game, Middlebrooks drew college interest as a quarterback and punter. He's also a 6-foot-4, 215-pound righthander with a low-90s fastball and an occasional plus curveball. But his future is at the hot corner. He's not quite as polished a hitter as Ahrens, but he's not far off and his size gives him leverage that will produce power. He's an athletic third baseman with good range and a strong arm, and he runs well for his size. Middlebrooks is a consensus supplemental first-rounder, but he could sneak into the first round with the right club.

AVG AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB

.581 74 38 43 16 1 5 35 17

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 12:31 AM)

Middlebrooks was taken 33rd overall in Sickels' mock draft and is rated in his top 12 OVERALL hitters. I'm stunned that he hasn't gone yet, but would be elated if the Sox grabbed him this round. I'd be absolutely thrilled.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)
simmonsfield.com

After seeing Carpenter in person he definitely is a projectable arm. If the Sox can teach him some control, wow. He has major movement on his balls.

They have operations to prevent that movement and painful side effects such as estrangulated testicles.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 07:32 PM)
Middlebrooks was taken 33rd overall in Sickels' mock draft and is rated in his top 12 OVERALL hitters. I'm stunned that he hasn't gone yet, but would be elated if the Sox grabbed him this round. I'd be absolutely thrilled.

i'm not expecting us to but i'm hoping against hope for him