White Sox vs Yankees, 6/7/07 (L)

Chisoxfn

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 01:32 AM)
i thought they were all going to be stars? !

I think Fields will eventually put up Crede numbers...but of course, Crede isn't an all-star. Alex Cintron really needs to be DFA'd.

Hey Flash....where's our Rich Hill?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
I think Fields will eventually put up Crede numbers...but of course, Crede isn't an all-star. Alex Cintron really needs to be DFA'd.

He's going to walk WAY more than Crede ever dreamed of, and can't possibly hit as many pop ups. So if nothing else, he will annoy me less.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:31 PM)
Look at the team we have on the field tonight, combined with who's in our bullpen. What a disgrace. This team won't even finish .500. The lack of depth in our system is killing us with all these injuries.

fathom I have kept telling these kids on this board that we have no system. we don't its simple, but people fall in love with these goofballs. There is not one star to be in our system. I still hold out for fields but our system blows.

What the hell was Fields doing bunting? We didn't bring him up to bunt.

And concerning our selection of pitchers with the first five picks, it proves to everyone the concern this organization has towards our future. The division has too many quality arms, and we desperately need to keep up. Porcello only highlights this "arms race," and how we're far behind the competition.

For anyone wondering where the offensive prospects are, remember how many rounds the draft is. We can easily draft positional players from now until the end. I don't recall Williams saying the market for positional players was outrageous last winter, either. We'll find replacements for current players, whether it's from free agency or trade of current players.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:35 PM)

Hey Flash....where's our Rich Hill?

Crede had a nice year last year and I rate him as one of the better 3bman in all of baseball. Doesn't mean he is great, just tha the is in the top percentage. Still our org blows.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:36 PM)
What the hell was Fields doing bunting? We didn't bring him up to bunt.

And concerning our selection of pitchers with the first five picks, it proves to everyone the concern this organization has towards our future. The division has too many quality arms, and we desperately need to keep up. Porcello only highlights this "arms race," and how we're far behind the competition.

For anyone wondering where the offensive prospects are, remember how many rounds the draft is. We can easily draft positional players from now until the end. I don't recall Williams saying the market for positional players was outrageous last winter, either. We'll find replacements for current players, whether it's from free agency or trade of current players.

We have a need for MLB positional players all over, and a crappy system of postion players. To not pick one today is pretty bad needs wise.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:38 PM)
looks windy tonight - no way they can hit in the wind, and it's unfair to expect them to.

Talk about a bad break....we FINALLY get the Walkerball warm weather and that gosh darned wind makes it still too hard to hit. We need to build a dome with a giant heating system.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:36 PM)
So now that there's rumors that Dye has some injury problems, are PK, AJ, and Uribe the only opening day starters we have that's been healthy all year?

PK was seen before the game with a decent sized wrap around his right wrist, so he and Dye might be in a similar boat.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 01:38 AM)
Crede had a nice year last year and I rate him as one of the better 3bman in all of baseball. Doesn't mean he is great, just tha the is in the top percentage. Still our org blows.

Can you imagine any possible way this team can be competitive over the next 3 seasons?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
Can you imagine any possible way this team can be competitive over the next 3 seasons?

We are going to have to go on a Steinbrenner esque spending spree for position players if we are going to be. Our system has pitching, but is as bad as any in baseball for position players, but at least we adressed it today in the draft.